+$4.00 Gasoline. How does it change the Energy game

by designs 89 Replies latest social current

• designs
    designs

Will it put pressure on politicians to approve the Keystone Pipeline.

Should the Nation's Refineries stop selling as much Gasoline as exports.

How does +$4.00 Gasoline affect your monthly budget, how do you adjust.

• cofty
    cofty

We are paying the equivalent of $8.42 per US gallon over here in the UK. Diesel is even more expensive.

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

It changes the pocketbook game. Last time we had gas go up over $4, we got a recession. In fact, oil spikes preceded 5 of the last 6 recessions.

How does +$4.00 Gasoline affect your monthly budget, how do you adjust.

Makes no difference to me. I work from home. If I drive at all, it is a couple of miles to go to the gym or take my kid to school.

• designs
    designs

Cofty- We look like wimps over here then.

bts- This could trigger a Recession if it extends into the summer. I hope Iran can be dealt with by the international community bringing pressure. The extra $100.00-$400.00 per month buys a lot of groceries.

Chevron and the other major refiners, should they bow to political pressure and slow their gasoline exports.

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety
    Chevron and the other major refiners, should they bow to political pressure and slow their gasoline exports.

Makes no difference. The product isn't pushed. It is pulled. The product is sold to whoever buys it.

• designs
    designs

One of the news stations this evening reported on how well Americans have done in conservation with their driving habits, we may not be able to alter our normal style of getting around in the short term. I have to drive to work sites, there is only so much that can be done from the office.

• Bubblegum Apotheosis
    Bubblegum Apotheosis

It's going to $5 a gallon, my friends who trade on the NYMEX are telling me. What does it change? The consumer has adjusted themself to gas at $3.50 for quite some time. We are seeing prices in California at $4.50 for the last month. More cars driving around, people spending their cash. The Refiners like Western Refinery, Tesoro, Frontier are dealing with the "Crack Spread" (Refiners are the worst players in Oil Price Climbs) no problem, in fact, they are marching towards their 52 week highs. If this issue is bugging you, why not buy Exxon Mobile, Haliburton and Tesoro and not complain about it? Enjoy the price of oil securities climbing higher, or trade some futures, the 25x leverage is only a bitch if your wrong. As long as the wealthy keep making money, this issue does not bother the average Jane. She is too worried, overstressed with working three jobs (Remember when President Bush Jr. Interviewed her on TV, when oil was $149 a barrell) to bother with a $20 a week (gas price change), oil pass through!

BRING BACK GEORGE W. SO WE CAN MAKE A NEW OIL HIGH OF $300, MAKE DICK CHENNEY AND W. BILLIONAIRES! IF WE INVADE IRAN, INVADE KAZAZKISTAN, INVADE VENEZUELA AND SHUT SUPPLY IN SUADI, WE MIGHT GO TO $500, THAT WOULD BE NICE! GOOD NEWS FOR GOLD BUGS AND WAR MONGERS!

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety
    One of the news stations this evening reported on how well Americans have done in conservation with their driving habits,

The economy tends to affect driving habits. No need to drive to work if you are home collecting an unemployment check. If you've been lucky and found an Obamajob (which means you are partime/temp and are too broke to take a road trip to Disney World), that changes your habits and saves a lot of fuel too.

What I am saying is this: the conservation isn't about Americans conserving with their driving habits, it is about the shitconomy.

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety
    BRING BACK GEORGE W. SO WE CAN MAKE A NEW OIL HIGH OF $300, MAKE DICK CHENNEY AND W. BILLIONAIRES! IF WE INVADE IRAN, INVADE KAZAZKISTAN, INVADE VENEZUELA AND SHUT SUPPLY IN SUADI, WE MIGHT GO TO $500, THAT WOULD BE NICE! GOOD NEWS FOR GOLD BUGS AND WAR MONGERS!

Lulz. Remember when Democrats blamed high gas prices on the fact that greedy oilmen worked in the White House?

Me neither.

I wonder what excuse they'll make this time.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Hopefully this time it will ween the US off its horrible addiction to oil. Something has to give, something has to change. It CAN NOT be one thing. It will be a combination. More hybrdis, more electric, conservation , better design, tougher fuel standards, habit changes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit