I am speechless over the latest tactic to get people to Pioneer!

by iclone 45 Replies latest jw friends

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

I had a form handed to me about a week or so ago, I said "no thanks" and handed it back. The person that gave it to me just laughed! I asked him if he was drafting folks and he said, "yeah, we want to beat last years numbers". This guy is still friendly to me and is pretty jaded so it didn't cause any issues.

He handed one to my wife who took it but I saw her throw it away when we got home!!

So far, I think they have around 30 or so out of about 110 publishers. Last year, I think the number was around 80 out of 110. I really think the numbers will be slightly lower this year and will continue that trend as the novality wears off.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

7 Let each one do just as he has resolved in his heart, not grudgingly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.

Doesn't this scripture invalidate just about every child baptism in the evil empire? I was 15 when I got baptised. Mine was definately under compulsion.

This whole incident is a numbers scam. Then again, remember, they're "publishers" and publishers is defined as "a company or person engaged in publishing periodicals, books, music, etc." So, the "company" (i.e. WTB&TS) sends it's "regional manager" (i.e. Circuit Overseer) to make sure each "store" (i.e. congregation) is selling more books. So the "store managers" (i.e. body of elders) have to come up with ways to increase productivity to hit those numbers set by the company.

• sir82
    sir82

I can echo Doubting Bro's observations.

Last year we had 60 out of 120 sign up to aux. pio. in our congregation.

This year so far about 15 or so have signed up. I have a gut feeling it won't exceed 40 this year. Enthusiasm is markedly down.

Indeed the novelty has worn off.

Last year about 35% of all JWs worldwide signed up to aux. pio. with the 30 hour "special provision". I expect that number to drop through the 30's & 20's in future years, and finally settle into a routine 20% or so.

• baltar447
    baltar447

LOL! That's fantastic that the numbers may be substantially lower this year. Awesome.

• stillstuckcruz
    stillstuckcruz

To be fair, the WT last year in one of the KMs stated that they're not trying to pressure people and that people shouldn't view their encouragement within the literature as such, but rather view it as people cheering from the sidelines.

^And that, I believe is where the real pressure starts. The literature , although printed and written by men, is guided by God's Holy Spirit(at least that is what most believe anyway). And so, who do they really believe is doing the "cheering"? Man or God? "GOD is cheering you on!""He wants you to do the best in His service"

I believe that's where the real pressure starts....

• MMXIV
    MMXIV

hey am I missing something here?... 30 hours in a month and you get called a pioneer???

That's basically a sales job handing out leaflets for 4 Saturdays - how does that in any way shape or form live up to the definition of a pioneer?

joke name for a joke job

mmxiv

• minimus
    minimus

We had a CO that said he expected every elder, MS and their families to set the lead and aux. pioneer during his stay which was the very beginning of the month. EVERY elder and MS did but me. Most family members did. When asked WHY I wasn't also pioneering, I told people I HAD to work and that was that.

Eff them~!!!

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

Reading this thread again made me think of something.

If the $ociety is so willing to lie about important things (ya know God, Jesus, the Bible and so on), why wouldn’t they lie about the number of publishers involved, or the hours they actually put in? I know there are some honest ones in the borganization, but collectively as a whole they are liars and cheats; what’s to stop them from manipulating the numbers in their favor? I guess, since no one is allowed to fact check the stats, we'll never really know.

• sir82
    sir82

what’s to stop them from manipulating the numbers in their favor?

They don't have to, the publishers do it for them.

A van-load of 6 pioneers driving from one not-at-home to another, doing "return visits", for 2 hours in the morning: 12 hours added to the total hours spent preaching, but actual time spent talking about "the kingdom" to non-witnesses: maybe 3 minutes.

Add to that 40 people in a McDonalds taking a 45 minute break and no one "stopping their time", and those who "start their time" on the way to the field service meeting, and people who "round up" 1.25 hours to 2, etc. etc. etc....and it's clearly a sham.

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

That is absolutely disgusting. Yet for every witnesses that sees the truth behind such tactics there are 9 that will say "wasn't it encouraging to see a PRE PRINTED pioneer form with your name on it? Such an idea gives me the boost I needed to go ahead and sign up to accomplish Jehovah's work! I am so happified!"

The worst part aboout this is that the numbers (pioneers and publishers) will undoubtedly increase for that month just like they did last year. And just like last year, witnesses will rave about how Jehovah is blessing his work.....I mean.....look at the number of PEAK publishers and PEAK auxillary pioneers! They willingly block from their ability to reason the fact that the reason such numbers look good is because of LOWERED standards.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit