"The Family Who Missed Meeting, And Their Child Was Hit By A Bus"

by Bubblegum Apotheosis 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Some 18 year olds were going into NYC. A drunk driver, extremely drunks, killed two of them. There were very bad injuries. My family went to offer condolences and also visited the home of the survivor. Her daughter was in that car. She showed no emotion. Could not care. The deaths were so violent tha the caskets had to be closed. I will never forget talking to B.J. about some Witness thing at the KH at 12:30 pm. He was dead by 1 pm.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Soooooo, one child dies because he/she was playing in the street???

And this is somehow related to their missing a meeting???

My immediate counter-point to this idiotic argument would be, what about all those JW children who were injured or sick, in SPITE of being "faithful", and died because they were ordered by the Governing Body and the Watchtower Corporation to refuse blood transfusions...???

I'm guessing that the child ALWAYS played in the street - thereby breaking CAESAR'S laws, by the way - and bad timing/stupidity just caught up with the child....

• Ding
    Ding

I remember reading about a group of JWs that were killed in a car accident while out in service.

The line on that was that it was a great way to go, virtually assuring them of a resurrection due to their faithfulness.

No matter what happens, it's just "proof" that the WTS religion is "the truth."

• iclone
    iclone

I personally knew two related families travelling to a DC and all the children rode in one vehicle to be with their cousins. Then they all watched in horror as a semi swerved into the vehicle in front of them instantly killing the childrens parents, the cousins Aunt and Uncle and your own fleshly brother and his wife. Never any mention of how they would still be alive had they chose not to travel to the DC. Such a loss not to mention that the couple had no life insurance (what do you need that for when Armageddonis so close) and the aunt and uncle then raised the children as their own. All these stories are bogus. I remember the CO always used to ask the elders for local experiences, never did he ever confirm the veracity of these so-called experiences. It is a joke!

• besunny
    besunny

I personally know a family that when they left after the Service meeting,,they got hit by a drunk driver,and suffered serious injuries and they're youngest child passed away,,

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

I had the pleasure of knowing a particular Circuit Overseer who related to me why he doesn't have a problem cancelling a Sunday meeting or any meeting for that matter when its snowing. He told me that following a Sunday meeting some years ago, a family was going home and it was snowing and the car got broadsided killing the parents. This incident left an impression upon him that he's never been able to shake. This CO was probably the most genuine one I've ever known. He dropped out fo the circuit work and I've wondered since then if he couldn't maintain the party line that the branches want men in his position to enforce.

On another note, a notorious murder of an entire family of JWs by some gothic-esque teenagers, took place after the meeting if I'm not mistaken. The case was notorious.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Yeah, No Room For George, that murder is prominently featured on one of the History Channel's "real crime" series - it was bizarre beyond belief...

It seems that the teenaged Satan-worshippers - they weren't "Goth" in ANY way, except maybe mimicking the look - anyway, they decided to target this particular family because the idiot father went over and started witnessing to them....

If he'd just kept his mouth shut and left the weird teenagers alone, he and his family would probably still be alive today...

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I hate those experiences, it is the ultimate example in rhetorical fallacy. What about the Australian pioneer that was hit by a car and killed whilst standing outside the kingdom hall after a memorial. It is all "time and unforseen circumstances."

• Bubblegum Apotheosis
    Bubblegum Apotheosis

Blondie : The Lilliled massacre, is not distributed or talked about, or even remembered. Their death was a senseless act of violence, which destroys the Urban Legends about "Missing Meetings or bad luck from missing the Circuit or District Assembly." That story hurt my heart, but I am glad you posted the link, so their story does not die off. Thank you!

LongHairGal: Field Circus adds a new rush, when the brother or sister driving, is taking 160 mg Oxycontin for pain, with 600mg Provigil and a few anti-psychotic drugs, "watching the road", (if only I had looked at all the dents, scratches and scrapes on his car) We ended up driving off the freeway, almost hitting another car head on. Maybe it was the angels, or was it the brother riding "shotgun" grabbing the steering wheel? Service almost killed that day, and we tried to pull our ties and hide our coats, so nobody would know who we were.

The point on the 86 magazine you brought out, "Ki was spared because of his good habit" and Hebrews 10:24-25 is qouted? Ki, is thinking his life was spared by Jehovah, because he was not willing to miss the meeting, or what? The magazine allows the reader to draw some strange and perverted conclusions, regarding the death of Ki's three mates. This is where the legends are created, stories like "Ki's" and many other bogus examples of pure chance.

When the audience claps and applauds to Kingdom Hall Urban Legends, what does that say about those who don't shake their head in disgust? JWN is the Kingdom Hall version of Snopes or Snoops?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

a friend of mine apparently has a wife who is now thinking outside the box. I heard her say something along the lines of "Don't all religions make these types of claims?" after someone related one of those urban legends. All I could do was smirk

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit