Do You Believe Abortion Is Wrong? Should It Be Against The Law?

by minimus 140 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

What say you?

• undercover
    undercover

Speaking as a guy, I know... but I personally would not do it, nor would I want my wife/girlfriend/mistress/one-night-stand to do it.

But - I do not wish to force my morals on others. What's right in my mind may not be right in someone else's mind. That's why I'm pro-choice. Let the woman/couple decide. It's not my decision to make.

And there's the argument about illegal...and unsafe...abortions. Avoid that by keeping it legal.

And cases of a sick child that will not grow up normal or healthy. It might be more humane to terminate than force a miserable existence.

Lots of variables. That's why you can't just stamp it as "immoral" or "illegal" and expect everyone to adhere to the moral code as prescribed by law...secular, theological or otherwise.

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

i am against abortion in many cases, but im not going to force my morals (as the above poster said) on other people. i do think that there should be education available to women (not indoctronation by anti abortionists) who are thinking about having one. and i think that late term abortion should only be done under the most dire situations. i would be for a cut off peroid that a women has to decide by maybe the 2nd trimester? i think there is a middle to be had, but not with extermists on both sides barking the loudest.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

This is a total can of worms subject. Since women carry (at risk of health) and for the most part, care for these babies. Since women often end up impoverished after divorce and struggling to raise children alone, ultimately, it is women whose feelings on abortion are the more valid.

• minimus
    minimus

is it murder? Yes or no?

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I don't think I could have one. On the other hand. I am past childbearing years now. If I was to find out I was expecting, I'd be very upset. I am in no position to raise a child. I am raising my teenaged grandson alone, which is the hardest t hing I've been called on to do. I can understand the reasons why some women choose not to carry on with early pregnancies.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I believe only God knows if this is murder or not.

• minimus
    minimus

What a safe answer. You could apply that to most anything. HA!

• marriedtoajw
    marriedtoajw

I think that an answer to that question can only be reached if you first ask then answer the question, "when does life begin"? Once that question is answered, then I think most current laws supercede opinions on morality. A can of worms it is...

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

It is the truth, Minimus.

I do not want to see the USA go backwards and make abortions illegal.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit