The process to remove an elder?

by A question 10 Replies latest jw friends

• factfinder
    factfinder

An elder who was studying with me to help me during a time of spiritual weakness was deleted. I'm not going to go into all of the details but it involved lying and false testimony against the brother. An elder from another cong the brother used to be in who did not get along with him was called in to the meeting with the body of elders and the CO-and he also testified against the brother.

He was heartbroken, sold his house and he and his wife moved to Florida. He tried to get made an elder there but it did not happen. I tried staying in touch with him but have not heard from him since 2003. He'd be about 89 now-I don't even know if he is still alive.

The elders had meetings with the CO- there was a lot of false testimony by certain ones who were followers of the instigater-the PO, much went on while the brother was away in Florida on vacation.

The CO told me that the elder "was railroaded."

I left that congregation shortly after he moved away and returned to the hall I was originally in, but I should have just left the cult back then. I wish I did.

I never saw so much lying on the part of elders. Two brothers had nothing against him but the PO warned them "we all must speak in unity or you will be causing divisions" so he got them on his side too. It was all politics as one elder told me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit