Talking Points for when Witnesses Come to your Door

by truth_b_known 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Hermano
    Hermano

I was just thinking about this over the weekend. JW's came to my door and I didn't open. But I wish I could've opened and been prepared to sow some seeds.

Many of us have relatives that are stuck inside, maybe one of you out there with a carefully thought out question might help one of my relatives open their eyes. And maybe I could do the same for one of your relatives.

How many of us who know the truth about the truth are out there? What if each one of us we were prepared with a mini-intervention (a thought provoking question, or comment, something to make them THINK and get past the stock answers) everytime they knocked on our doors?

Good suggestions so far. I might just print this thread out in a few days and keep it handy for next time....

• Terry
    Terry

1. Jehovah's Witnesses? Hmmmm, isn't that the religion that predicted Armageddon in 1975? Oh? Are you SURE? Could you find out for me why so many people tell me that? Something must have happened or I wouldn't have heard it.

2. Do you guys celebrate Thanksgiving?

3.Did you hear about that fellow who had a rare blood type and by donating it regularly he has saved over a million infants from dying from a rare disease.

Would Jehovah's Witnesses advise him NOT to do that?

4.Do you have to love Jehovah more than your own children and family?

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Ask them about all the lies and misinformation the WTS. has printed out for all those years as an inherent effort to enhance the

circulation of its published literature and how one should possible substantiate that with their proclamation that they are

the only organization that god is guiding through his holy spirit. You could mention 1914, 607 BCE. for the finally destruction of ancient

Jerusalem. You could mention of the obvious deceit of the organization stating that 6000 years of man's existence was to happen in

October of 1975. This should get them fumbling for words, it becomes somewhat ironic when you realize presenting "The Truth"

toward JWS that they look like fools with blank stupid looks on their faces.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

What do you know. Two JWs just came to my door not 2 hours ago. The main guy is named Frank. I gave him my card so that he could call me and we'll set up an appointment. Gave me two Mags (Feb 2012 Awake and WT) "What Should You Know About Social Networking? and Armageddon: What is it? When will it come?

We'll see if he calls

• undercover
    undercover

"What Should You Know About Social Networking? and Armageddon: What is it? When will it come?

LOL... I'm surprised that they haven't come up with an article entitled: "What You Should Know About Social Networking Leading Into Armageddon"

• MrMonroe
    MrMonroe

Terry:

1. Jehovah's Witnesses? Hmmmm, isn't that the religion that predicted Armageddon in 1975? Oh? Are you SURE? Could you find out for me why so many people tell me that? Something must have happened or I wouldn't have heard it.

(Witness pulls out Reasoning From the Scriptures, thumbs to pg 136, and reads, "Jehovah's Witnesses do not claim to be inspired prophets. They have made mistakes. Like the apostles of Jesus Christ, they have at times had some wrong expectations." Closes book, continues, "Do you have an alarm clock? Then let me give you an illustration ...")

Throwing the 1975 prediction at a JW zombie wouldn't faze them a bit. They may be aware of it (though it was almost 40 years ago. How old is your average doorknocker?) They are probably not aware of the 1925 "expectations", or what Russell said were the reliable promises about 1914 and 1988. And really, they just don't care. They are not interested in finding out more, because to them the Watch Tower Society IS Jehovah.

This is a religion that keeps using the analogy of a weather forecaster who keeps getting predictions right (using biblical examples of "correct" predictions but also sweeping the nutty WTS date calculations into that basket as if that's one God just got wrong). They keep using Matthew 7:15-20 about the good fruit vs rotten fruit, ignoring the fact that their predictions are ALL rotten and their manipulation and control and emotional blackmail of their followers is a perfect example of rotten fruit, nothing like the way Jesus dealt with his followers.

• JW-g/f
    JW-g/f

Thank you for this thread! I am not a JW and until I came to this site only knew little about them but enough to not wanting to discuss with them. Anyway, next time they ring my door bell I will talk to them!

My meanwhile deceased father was in his early 70s and very ill and fragile when a JW neighbour visited him and very quickly came to the point and wanted to convince him that her belief is the only truth and that it was not too late for him to become a JW. My father suggested "come with me to my church (catholic) this Sunday and I will come to your church next Sunday" Off she went and never returned ;)

• Ding
    Ding
    Thank you for this thread! I am not a JW and until I came to this site only knew little about them but enough to not wanting to discuss with them. Anyway, next time they ring my door bell I will talk to them!

Be careful!!!

According to your profile, you've only been a member here 10 days.

With respect, you need to learn a lot more before you're ready to handle a JW encounter.

The WTS has trained JWs for years in indoctrination techniques.

A lot of people who have tried to straighten JWs out have ended up getting sucked into the borg themselves.

Before you know it, they'll have you thinking that everyone on this forum is a mentally diseased apostate and a satanic opposer of the truth.

If you proceed despite this warning, have a copy of Crisis of Conscience nearby.

If you find yourself tongue tied and falling for their sales pitch, pull out CoC and ask them to refute it point by point in order to convince you they have the truth.

• MrMonroe
    MrMonroe

Hermano, your comment just kills me. "JW's came to my door and I didn't open. But I wish I could've opened." If you could just do the "Here's Johnny" act straight out of your avatar, I think you'll be safe from return visits for a while....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TVooUHN7j4

• smiddy
    smiddy

Some things I`ve thought about :

Bring up the catholic religion :they will jump in because thats one of their pet hates.Then ask them why they call themselves JW`s.they will quote Isaiah,then ask them when was the book of Isaiah written ? Settle for its along time before jesus came to earth right ?then ask, did the nation of Israel the jews, identify themselves as jehovahs witnesses from Isaiahs day to jesus day?No such record exists,The book of acts says that followers of christ were by" divine providence" called christians not jehovahs witnesses and no group of people from jesus day have ever been identified as jehovahs witnesses until j.f.rutherford in 1935..The so called founder of the jw religion c.t russell never identified himself as a jehovahs witness nor did any of his supporters.In fact it was not until the 13th century when a catholic monk by the name of raymundus martinus that the name jehovah even existed,so my freind you are following on in the traditions of catholicism

Have a nice day

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit