The Wacky World of Dating Sites

by Terry 97 Replies latest jw friends

• james_woods
    james_woods
    But, are they copper-digging witches?

Maybe, Quentin, maybe...it just occurred to me that Baba Yaga was Russian...it always scared me as a kid that she had this little witch-cabin that stood on chicken legs and would circle round and round for security purposes while she was out riding her broom and casting spells.

The spells and flying broom were OK, but that hut on chicken legs was SCARY.

• ziddina
    ziddina

and speaking of "Baba Yaga"....

DANA NETHERTON...

There is a "tutorial" in the "Technical Section" of this website that instructs one how to post pictures....

In fact, there are several.

You might be able to use the "search" function to find them...

The best one I saw, was written by board member "Baba Yaga" - her directions were clear, simple and concise, and enabled me to become the photo-posting fiend that board members see today.....

Zid

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Posting pictures is easy if you are using E explorer or AOL. If you have pictures uploaded to facebook, myspace or sites like photobucket, you just copy the picture and paste it into the reply window. I try to always remember to unlink the pictures with the broken chain link icon above the reply window.

• diana netherton
    diana netherton

Thanks, I tried to do that Flying High but it didn't work :(

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Diana, I answered your PM.

Are you using Explorer to post on JWN?

• ziddina
    ziddina

I'm using a creaky old version of Internet Explorer, so I'm limited as to what I can post - or see....

There's an icon in the second row of buttons above the "post" box.

It is a tiny icon of a green tree in a photo frame. That's the "Insert/Edit Image" function.

Click on that,

insert your "link" into the "Image URL" line on the "General" tab,

type in some sort of 'description' below,

check the SIZE of the photo on the "Appearance" tab - must be below 775 px in either direction or one gets those nasty "scroll" bars around your pix - and you can insert the "775" px size in EITHER box, then hit "TAB" on your KEYBOARD and the other number value will be automatically adjusted - or press "shift" while hitting "TAB" if you adjust the SECOND px number and want the 1st px number to automatically adjust....

Then hit the "INSERT" button at the bottom left of the "insert/edit image" screen....

And that should do it...

That's about what Baba Yaga's post had to say, if I remember correctly...

Best results...

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Here's something I learned...

• Quentin
    Quentin

"...that hut on chicken legs was SCARY."....(James)

Thank you James, since I have been having weird dreams of late, know what I'll be dreaming tonight. Patton had dreams of two wheeled carts spinning around his head. Wonder what Baba Yaga's chicken legged cabin will do...hmmmm?

Highjack over, back to thread subject, roll on folks......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit