Dragons? Satan? Really Now?

by mrbunyrabit 26 Replies latest watchtower medical

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

It's actually pretty simple: Ancient people were just plain superstitious and ignorant.

Or in other words: they were very stupid.

• They believed that "sacrafice would please god.. (maybe make it rain?)" Can you imagine your zerglings pulling this shit? I'd delete them immediately for being so freaking wasteful and stupid! (Apparently stupid people thought god had a nose sniffing around on earth and he "liked the smell" of burning flesh. Pretty weird stuff.)
    • They believed in "dragons"- becuase they were ignorant and stupid.
    • They believed in a "chosen one" - again, because they were ignorant and stupid.

It's fun, really. Imagine playing Age of Empires and your empire is the ancient Jews.... Everytime you get a shipment of food, they burn half of it to keep you happy and the dragon away! Wouldn't that make you happy?

- Lime

• mrbunyrabit
    mrbunyrabit

So that means The Bible likens satan to some mith, or something people thought up out of their ignorance... That cant be right to do that can it.....

So that means to liken satan to a dragon in todays times, doesnt mean anything to us... And For it to mean anything you would have to have an understanding of other miths and stuff??

• Caedes
    Caedes
    It's fun, really. Imagine playing Age of Empires and your empire is the ancient Jews.... Everytime you get a shipment of food, they burn half of it to keep you happy and the dragon away! Wouldn't that make you happy?
    They believed that "sacrafice would please god.. (maybe make it rain?)" Can you imagine your zerglings pulling this shit? I'd delete them immediately for being so freaking wasteful and stupid!

Awesome references! I can remember the squishy noise the zerglings make now. (Must go and play starcraft now!)

• pontoon
    pontoon

Funny I was just remembering a buddy of mine that had a dragon. It's name was Puff, and it was a magic dragon. They lived down by the sea and they used to frolic in the ocean mist........

• designs
    designs

Dragon Bones in China, Zhoukoudian district. Used in medicines for centuries.

• Diest
    Diest

This is slightly profane, so NSFW but it illustrates the points about the dragons quite nicely.

'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwMyjKQ725E'

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Okay Diest, that video made me choke on my lunch! Gotta send it to my brother.

NC

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

What i want to know, is if there were never any bones or evidence found that dragons existed,

It was never meant to be a real being....Where's your imagination? it is like the Balrog in Lord of The Rings.....a fearsome fiction intended to represent evil.

Hintoflime......These "stupid" ancient peoples built The pyramids and constructed Empires.....

• cedars
    cedars

Why hasn't Ziddina commented on this thread yet? I would have thought this subject is right up her street!

Cedars

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

You're right! The dragon of revelation may very well have been based on THAT she-devil.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit