I am going to have Acupuncture for my depression - anyone done this??

by hamsterbait 34 Replies latest jw friends

• talesin
    talesin

mind blown

Ha... I know I'm such a freak...sorry

What's your point? You said 'freak', not 'fool', right? There's nothing wrong with that -- I don't understand why, in this day and age, anyone would want to 'conform'.

Freaks of the world unite,,, we are the people who change the world,,, one monkey at a time (research the '100th monkey theory / premise).

Many 'western' medical practitioners are happy to work holistically, and recognize the benefits of combining prescription technology with older, less 'modern' (for lack of a better word) treatments, including therapeutic massage, nutritional medicine, acupuncture, and other non-western forms of healing.

Freak? Yes, if you mean someone who is forward-thinking and takes common sense as a given.

xo

tal

*freak* klass

• talesin
    talesin

hamster bait

Did you know that if you call a HELP line, they will understand how you feel? Please do that now.

Sometimes shit happens, and we feel hopeless. It's important to reach out at these times, and this is a sign of strength, not weakness. Call a help line, or go to a walk-in clinic, and tell the doctor you are having a hard time at the moment with depression. Explain your history with meds, and see what s/he says. Let them know that you would like to work through this using other methods, and don't understand why you are depressed *right now*.

There is nothing wrong with wanting some comfort and understanding when you feel this way. It is NOT attention-seeking.

Prescription meds do not work for everyone, all the time. But getting a professional opinion and help does.

EDIT: Sometimes we need a little help with the brain chemistry in the short-term, so meds can be an option for much shorter term, and don't be afraid to explore this possibility.

xoxoxo

tal

• talesin
    talesin

BTS,,, I can relate to your experience.

I, too, have found that it's necessary to explore different methods and approaches to dealing with healing from our unique experiences.

Rx meds have their place in time of need, and for those who deal with chronic disease, but for most folks, change in diet and lifestyle is the long-term remedy.

t

• talesin
    talesin

still thinking,,, along with everything else you said,,, WOW!!! what great thoughts!!!

this:

I would say setting a goal for the day helps a lot. If you feel like you have achieved something, no matter how small, it goes a long way to improving mood.

xo

tal

• cult classic
    cult classic

hamsterbait - I'm with talesin on this. You've got to get relief asap. Get to the doc and get some meds. No need to suffer through a major depressive crash. I have had many in my life and they are pure HELL.

All the other stuff you can add to your regimen as time goes on.

Please let us know how you're feeling.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit