I am going to have Acupuncture for my depression - anyone done this??

by hamsterbait 34 Replies latest jw friends

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

I spent a fortune on Transactional Analysis in the early 90's. Dont regret one penny of it.

I have had a paralysing depression now for about two years. I cant write, dont enjoy my job anymore, and uninterested generally.Recently I have even started saying "Jehovah let me die" as I get into bed.

I considered going down the counselling route. But the thought Why pay 100 plus per hour to be asked "How does that make you feel? " or "you just have to try thinking more positive" seems a waste.

I looked up acupuncture, as I read a book "Healing without Freud or Prozac."

Has anybody else tried this?

I just dont want to start popping yet more pills.

HB

• designs
    designs

Do you have any other health issues like Diabetes or Thyroid problems, not to be personal just in adults they can be underlying causes.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Ds -

I am diabetic, and have hypertensive disease. This problem has come upon me recently, long after my other problems came to light.

• Nice_Dream
    Nice_Dream

I had acupuncture for postpartum depression, and I thought it gave me more energy. It's worth a try for sure! Sending you a PM.

• designs
    designs

How is the diabetes, do you have a lot of exhaustion with it. I had a glycemic problem as a teen and would go from bouncing off the ceiling to sleeping for ten hours.

Haven't tried the acupuncture but I know some poeple who get relief with it, my wife is going to a physical therapist who does the deep tissue pound till you see stars and gets relief.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

I am sooo tired all the time - the diabetes of course.

I just want to feel alive....

HB

• St George of England
    St George of England

Try not to take offense when the doctor says 'Just a little prick'

George

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Check out transcranial magnetic stimulation. It's pretty new, but seems to be low risk and effective. May not be available everywhere, though. I'd try it if I still had depression. Good luck whatever you end up trying.

• The-Borg
    The-Borg

Try a low carb diet and cutting out wheat, cured my depression and the weight fell of effortlessly.

Check out diabetes forums, lots of people have cured type 2 with low carb.

All the best.

• cult classic
    cult classic

I've had acupuncture treatments for anxiety/depression. It was definitely helpful. I also started exercising 1-2 hrs a day and changed my diet. Lots of leafy veggies and quality protein. Few carbs and very little sugar.

I think it's the overall tuning into your body that helps most. You'll definitely feel better.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit