What's Your Favorite Snack Or Goody?

by minimus 34 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

pistachios, cashews, and onion garlic cashews!

• Glander
    Glander

Triscuit

With blue cheese, or thin sliced hard salami, or ....you name it. Accompanied with a glass of cold tomato juice or a Bloody Mary

• Open mind
    Open mind

People where I work often spend $1.00 on high-fat, high-salt, low-nutrient vending machine crap. ( I do too when I'm desperate and haven't replenished my office pantry. )

Here's one of my favorite snacks that is very decadent, high-nutrient and inexpensive. Banana dipped in melted Swiss dark chocolate.

Take two squares (40 grams) of top-notch dark Swiss Chocolate (Lindt) and pop them into a tiny, employer-provided, pleated paper water cup. Nuke it for 50 seconds. Stir it with a tootpick to avoid burnt spots. Nuke another 15-20 seconds.

Peel your banana and dip away! By melting the chocolate, you get many more flavor "blasts" than you do my eating the squares at room temperature. When you can't dip any more, push up the bottom of the cup to flatten it out and lick up every last bit.

Total Calories: 225

Total Cost: $.75

Decadence factor: about an 8 on a scale of 1-10 in my book.

om

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

My wife with whipped cream.

Rub a Dub

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

Bad question to ask a pregnant lady LMAO!!

Right now I'm on a "sweet" kick. Gummi Bears, Sour gummy candies, fruit snacks, etc. Not so much chocolate, but chewy and sweet.

Something BF discovered while shopping for our Valentine's dinner: Water crackers spread with creamy Brie cheese and Ficoco spread. OH MY GOODNESS!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit