Seven Times Do Not Equal 2,520 Days

by DT 29 Replies latest watchtower bible

• xelder
    xelder

Alrighty then, glad to be made aware.

• DT
    DT

Thank you for your comments.

I was wondering if anybody had any comments on why the Bibles mentions times at all. Why not just use the word year? I have read that the word time doesn't actually refer to a type of year, but refers to variety of different time periods like days or years and you have to rely on the context to determine what is being discussed. If the context suggests a year, then how can a person justify using one type of year top determine the number of days in a prophecy and then multiply that by a different kind of year? It seems that an intelligent God would require some kind of consistency and limit the possible number of permutations if he wanted anybody to understand a prophecy.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Hey, you know what would be neat too, is provide us with some actual dates, or astronomical information in the bible that we can use to pinpoint these bible events instead of having to rely on WORLDLY historians influenced by SATAN to get our special dates like 607.

That would be too easy.

• Sayswho
    Sayswho

Ok...so...now what do we do with that info?

• They say God is not a God of confusion but it looks like the opposite is true!

Sw

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Another question: Times? Does this explicitly say it has to be exactly 2 times? I didn't see that--the Washtowel made that up. "Times" means more than one time. It could be 2 times, or it can be 2 octagillion times. Are they really sure?

• hotspur
    hotspur

Wizard... I had that self same question - 45 years ago! What took me so long?

I was told "times is plural. 2 is more than singular so logic states it is 2". My reply, "so is 3 or 4 or 5." I was told I was a rebellious teenager!

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

A Time Times and half a Time, how many magazines have you got ?

• hotspur
    hotspur

3.5 - 4.5 - 5.5 - 6.5 ~~~ take your pick! You can't definitively say it's 3.5 can you?

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Why 2 times and not 2 octagazillion? Don't y'all remember?

The 'prophetic formula' comes from Rev. 12:6, 14.

And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she has a place prepared by God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and sixty days. ...

... But the two wings of the great eagle were given the woman, that she might fly into the wilderness to her place; there is where she is fed for a time and times and half a time away from the face of the serpent.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I'll give you an apple, apples, and half an apple. How many apples do you have?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit