by tornapart 35 Replies latest jw friends

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

Hi Sis,

Thanks for sharing your story.

SIAm

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Would like to add my welcome to you. In a way you're in a 'good' position, with an elder husband who allows you to think 'against' the GB freely, but still unenviable to be still somewhat trapped in the WTBS. I admire your pursuit of real truth, and I look forward to your future posts, they should be interesting as things develop for you.

Loz x

• Adiva
    Adiva

Welcome to the forum.

How wonderful that you are not getting flack from your husband. That in itself, is a blessing.

Adiva

• ex360shipper
    ex360shipper

Welcome tornapart! As I was reading your post I was hoping that you would turn out to be my mother but that would have been too good to be true. One day maybe. Anyway we are here to support you as you will likely go through many phases of emotions after reading what you have and will continue to learn.

• tornapart
    tornapart

Thanks very much guys.. ex360shipper.. I often wish I might find my kids on here! LOL

• 00DAD
    00DAD

tornapart: We talk about stuff and he respects my rights to believe what I want to believe. :)

Good for you, but you DO know that he is being a disobedient JW elder for allowing this.

tornapart: he told me to be careful what I say because he wouldn't be able to protect me if it went too far

While I understand WHY he would say this because of the loyalty binds that WTBTS doctrine creates, I also understand that it is a completely unscriptural, un-Christian and ultimately a very unloving policy.

Families are supposed to protect each other. But this "religion" forces people to protect their fantasy doctrines promulgated by completely unqualified men. And it's even worse since the invention of the Governing Body. Before at least the average JW knew who the earthly leaders were. Now they hide behind the anonymity of this mysterious group. Try as hard as you might and it's next to impossible to find out anything meaningful about any of the current 7 Guys from Brooklyn on the Governing Body beyond their names.

And yet this secretive cadre that operates with a complete lack of transparency demands blind obedience to an incoherent set of doctrines and policies that clearly do NOT make better people and in fact separates families and causes untold and unnecessary pain and hurt.

You've got a bunch of unqualified, uneducated yahoos so full of their own self-importance and their delusional visions of grandeur believing they really are the "anointed of Jehovah", so intoxicated with the idea that they are the GOVERNING BODY that they seem to be completely oblivious to the fact that their teachings are incoherent, inconsistent, contradictory, unscriptural, and filled with error. But the most incomprehensible thing to me is that THEY NEVER EVER ADMIT A MISTAKE! Do they really think nobody notices?

Clearly they are mentally unbalanced.

00DAD

• 00DAD
    00DAD

tornapart, you have a PM

• tornapart
    tornapart

One back to you too 00DAD

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Got it and back at you!

• tornapart