What are the most frustrating subjects to talk about with a JW...

by Tuesday 37 Replies latest jw friends

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Ding, nice one! I'm putting that in my toolbox!!

• Madge
    Madge

You know what frustrated me the most was the time I asked a JW about what happened to all the people before the Watchtower existed. Since they did not have an organization to direct them, they certainly couldnt have been in "the truth" according to WT theology.

He paused unsure how to answer me... and then told me "He would have to ask someone for the correct answer on that."

He got back to me a week or so later.

AND THE ANSWER WAS..... (dun da da dunnn...) THEY WERE NOT DESTROYED BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T KNOW ANY BETTER.

It was such a stupid answer that I started laughing outloud! Are you kidding me?!

• Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience

Hey Ding. That is a great question to ask! I'm going to use it next time.

But I still expect to receive either a blank stare or a stupid answer. LOL

CoC

• DilemmaGF
    DilemmaGF

http://stayawake-standfirm.blogspot.com/2011/04/watchtower-society-has-never-lied.html

Have a look at the comment thread. It's hilarious how they deflect and finally ask the person who asked the questions to ask something else... LOLZZ!!!!!!!!! LMAO!

• maksym
    maksym

The Trinity,

Hell, and

The soul

peace

Maksym

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

DoC =

I can see how he could have fooled the local body of elders, or even the CO, but HOW DID HE FOOL THE HOLY SPIRIT?

I asked this and the reply I got was that they 'qualified'(TM) as per the scriptures and as the scriptures were inspired by HS. So they are chosen by HS IN TE SENSE(TM) that they appeared to measure up to the Biblical 'qualifications'(TM).

What do I find most frustrating?

Anything where they are not using scripture or the watchtower to justify a warped position but you see them doing mental gymnastics so that their answer in no way makes their leaders look bad. So that their answer fits a strange ideology. I can't think of a good example although over the years I've heard loads. The one above about 'evil babies' is a prime example.

1. How many times have I told Mrs Punk that the WBT$ version of the 'trinity' isn't the same as the WBT$ claims it is. I explain it all then she snaps back into the WBT$ concept.

2. She once told me that they worship the cross in church. Having been to several churches and not seen it I told her so. She still maintained that the churches I went to worshipped the cross.

These are just 2 examples where I've explained the ACTUAL position but Mrs Punk STILL believes the WBT$'s explanation over someone that actually knows.

Very sad. Not happifying at all!!

• flipper
    flipper

" What are the most frustrating subjects to talk about with a JW.... " ? ANY JW or WT society related topic. They'll justify their mind controlled stand to their graves

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

I suppose a follow up question here, there are all these books on How to discuss things with Jehovah's Witnesses like the ones by David A. Reed or Ron Rhodes...

Does anyone find them helpful in these subjects? To me it seems it trains people to play bible ping-pong which I don't feel is helpful at all.

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "Well here goes, mother-in-law said "they deserved it" and the other gal said "do you want evil babies around". ..." ocd

Goood grief...

The Watchtower Corporation has certainly succeeded in hardening THEIR hearts...

And WELCOME TO THE BOARD, ocd!!

• 00DAD
    00DAD

• Anything that requires them to think for themselves!
    • Anything that might require they recognize that the WTBTS changes things and contradicts themselves.
    • Anything that bursts their little bubble of fantasy concerning the truth about "The Truth"
    • Pretty much anything worth discussing concerning religious beliefs

You can always talk about the weather!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit