Thoughts and Opinions on the VAA?

by arko_n9ne 30 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• arko_n9ne
    arko_n9ne

As I've posted multiple times before, I am new to many of the aspects of WTS Scandals so a couple weeks ago, I was on youtube and heard of a group concept from Tim Kilgore called the VAA (Vast Apostate Army).

Personally, I like the concept of former Witnesses and anti-Watchtower proponents uniting to stand against the wrong doings of the Organization. I would like their rally in a few years to succeed. If things look promising enough, I more than likely will go.

But honestly, I don't know much about the VAA, and since it's not a concept with that "new car smell" I imagine people have more infor to offer.

I saw on older posts that Witnesses are not fans of the idea of anyone banding together en masse against them, as they go to the lengths of calling the VAA a terrorist organization (though no acts of violence or tyranny have been committed or threatened).

So if anyone can offer insight into this group, it would help a man know if it's a group worth rallying with.

Thank you,
    ~Ryan Kent

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

It's not a real thing, hun. Don't worry about it.

• finally awake
    finally awake

It may not be real yet, but we could always give it a go eh?

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Yep, good luck with that.

Organising exJWs is like trying to herd cats, lol.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Tim Kilgore on YT is Tuesdy here on JWN. Contact him for an explaation on the VAA. As a matter of fact, I'll send him this link via pm on Facebook.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

When I did the CA silent protest that was the VAA. It exists, it just is difficult to herd us like BP says. I just try to do whatever I can to try to open some JW eyes.

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

You're right Broken Promises it is VERY difficult to get ex-JWs to organize in any way. Though I hate to disagree with you the VAA is very real. It's very much anonymous for the ex-JWs, it doesn't matter what you do just as long as you identify yourself as a Vast Apostate Army member. The thing is this, think about this for a second:
    How many times did you hear "Not Interested" at the door? So much that there was a section of a book dedicated to overcoming that objection. Now imagine this year 10% of those "Not Interesteds" respond to the overcoming objections with "I'm part of the Vast Apostate Army". They spread their method with another 20% so now when JWs go door to door next year 30% of the "Not Interesteds" respond with "I'm part of the Vast Apostate Army". That 10% shares with another 20% and that 20% shares with another 20% until pretty soon nearly every person JWs talk to at the doors are saying "Not Interested, I'm part of the Vast Apostate Army". Now what if along with that simple phrase people are sharing knowledge about the JWs, like their policy for pedophiles, the dichotomy in their blood policy (accepting hemoglobin but not RBCs), Cult Properties, etc. Their own door to door work will become the biggest deterant to their religion.

I give this example, have you heard of Operation Clambake? Some of you have I'm sure, we are an anti-cult message boad so most of us are familiar with other anti-cult resources. Some of you have never heard of it and those who have heard of it no doubt know the majority of the world has never heard of it. Operation Clambake is the most devistating website to all things Scientology. Seriously if a scientologist can read through that site and still believe their religion I'd be shocked. Now, how many of you have heard of Anonymous? How did they get their claim to fame? By being against Scientology. Why did everyone hear about Anonymous? Because Scientologists fear Anonymous. They, much like the JWs have a super-conduit to insanity where they spread gossip throughout their whole organization. I mean how many of us heard about the Smurfs?

That's where the VAA is going to be successful if we can get ex-JWs to do simply one thing "I'm Part of the Vast Apostate Army". The date is important too, it's an impending doom so to speak. It's the day JWs can KNOW for CERTAIN their faith is going to be tested. It's not meant to be a day we all have to gather, though it's possible. We all know the psyche of a JW I assume, you as a Witness what would be your reaction to people identifying themselves as part of a group called "The Vast Apostate Army"? As the day looms closer what do you think would happen in the congregation?

It's the name that's the important thing, the NAME strikes fear in to the heart of a JW. If you doubt me I simply ask you do this, at the memorial dress if your best Men in Black suit. Get a small pin that has the VAA logo on it. Then show up, don't do anything at all, don't drink the wine, don't make an ass out of yourself just sit in silence. If anyone talks to you simply tell them "I'm here as a reminder that the Vast Apostate Army is coming". Don't say anything else. I did this last year and I didn't even have to say a word, they all knew me, they all knew why I was there and I could silence the room just by a stare. So we're not looking to organize in the slightest, we don't ask you to do anything that you're not already doing. If you're opposed to the organization still be opposed to the organization all we ask that whatever you do just identify yourself as "The Vast Apostate Army". It's a label sure, but it's a powerful label, one that gives a voice to the voiceless and power to the powerless. Now you're not simply the undesirable, or the cast away, you are now the root of their downfall.

That's the basic concept of the Vast Apostate Army, there's more symbollism in the date and also the idea behind that concept of putting a date forward. I do have to make a correction that this isn't my idea it is LuciousVBogeymanProd on youtube's idea, I just happen to be the more articulate of of and vocalize the concept a lot better than he does. Well I hope to see more members, you can check out all the videos online, join on Facebook or go to the website www.thevastapostatearmy.com

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

The name "Vast Apostate Army" actually started on this board in the early 2000s. It could be a coincidence but the name is not original.

• Tuesday
    Tuesday
    The name "Vast Apostate Army" actually started on this board in the early 2000s. It could be a coincidence but the name is not original.

This has been mentioned before and I spent an hour an a half looking for one mention of this name on here and failed. The other person who brought it up couldn't find it either. It seems it was called "The Infiltration" the group you're talking about.

• blond-moment
    blond-moment

I identify myself with the Vast Apostate Army, because we are. Whether you identify yourself with it or not, every one of us who speaks out, tries to help, is here for support, etc. are part of that army. I see it as taking that derogitory name they label us with, to demonize us, and turned it into a positive. The WT has no power over me. I have a voice, I am not afraid to use it. Together, our voices are getting louder and louder.

The VAA is about striking terror in the JWs, because the reality of the WT is all being brought to light. It is not allowing blind denial anymore.

It is about letting them know we are coming, we are everywhere, and we are not sitting silent. I will not lay down and "know my place". The JWs want us to sit down and shut up, so they can blindly listen to the WT without having to do mental gymnastics, I personally perfer to keep them on edge, the more they are faced with the facts, the better.

We are also an Army of Love. We are the vast apostate army. We are there for support. We care, we understand, we have been there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit