Paradise= Watchtower 1926 says we will have Superman powers and fly!!

by Witness 007 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Look up in the sky! It's a bird, it's a plane...no, it's a Jehovahs Witness!!

Golden Age Aug 26 192 p.751 "...you may have wondered how accidents will be avoided in the kingdom, since we are told nothing will hurt or destroy. Scientists tell us there is enough atomic energy in one finger nail to propell a battleship. The people of the future may carry some of this power with them. If they fall down an elevator shaft they can let themselves down easy. Then they can TURN A LITTLE MORE ON and go back up..."

Just a side note: This Witness DID NOT go to College........SEE WHAT HAPPENS???

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Well of course this is now ancient "light", but nevertheless, leave it to the Watchtower to take the idea of astral projection and apply it to a carbon-based biological body.

Like Jesus after his resurrection, a Light-Body can certainly "fly", but some fat lazy-ass JW isn't getting more than an inch or two off the ground without hurting themselves.

Jehovah's Witnesses are the epitome of the worship of materialism and carnal existence, as if that's all there is. Can't have them trying to contact their Higher Self now can we? Just keep waiting on Jehovah, who never does anything......

• Simon Morley
    Simon Morley

I am not sure that the Aug 26 1926 "new light" on on fingernail power has ever been updated or "uplighted". So it is still the prevailing understanding - so as JW they should be out their explaining this...:)

• undercover
    undercover

That is funny... but you know... we're all supposed to have jetpacks and flying cars by now...

(NSFW language)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1SCu9yiBlo

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

All I'd want is to be able to wield a double ended light sabre like Darth Maul, or have adamantium claws and healing abilities like Wolverine. Hey Satan, if you're reading this, I don't want a kingdom or anything like that, but I'd love the ability to perform a Wrath of the Raging Demon like Akuma, can you hook me up?

• cedars
    cedars

You can bet that if mankind DID ever succeed in re-writing nuclear physics and controlling atomic energy in such a way, then this quote would be trumpeted from the Brooklyn rooftops as evidence of the Watchtower's early foresight and/or divine backing.

Because it never happened (and COULD never happen) it will never see the light of day - at least in a current Watchtower publication.

THAT'S the frustrating thing about it for me.

Cedars

• I Want to Believe
    I Want to Believe

I forget where they got the idea, but I remember one car group where a pioneer/elder's wife suggested that we'd be able to teleport.

• elderelite
    elderelite

*EE puts palm over face*

Really?????????? Oh god...... A true turd of a gem

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

wow, so was that the sell? Become a JW and live to become one of the superfriends

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Remember this was written before the Superman comics, Rutherford was just trying to tap in to a market he had spotted, perhaps he should have done a reverse L Ron Hubbard and gone all out for the Super Hero Comic market.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit