Is it possible to be friends with a devout Jehovah's Witness?

by losthobbit 35 Replies latest jw friends

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Friends with a 'devout' JW.............I sincerely doubt it. They may be 'friendly' but in an attempt to trap you into the cult. Stranger things have been known of course, but I sincerely doubt it. The above quotes add weight to this.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

it depends on if you have something that they want. It wown't be you, just what you have to offer. If you are a plumber or electrician or are somewhat wealthy there will be one who will like you. They are like anyone else, prone to selfishness and the like. Most will follow the party-line in spirit but do what it takes to get what they want. They are a bunch of users.

• losthobbit
    losthobbit

Hi ABibleStudent... interesting idea: 'It would be better to give your JW friend a copy of "Crisis of Conscience" by Ray Franz anonymously than just unconditional love and acceptance.'

I would be up for that... what do you think the chances are that they would read it?

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

It all depends on an individual if they would allow themselves to read COC. Many would throw it out but again it depends on individuals. I would say born ins are less likely to read it while the recruited ones have a greater chance of reading it especially if they were fairly liberal minded prior to being duped into wts. Generally speaking, it's a waste of money to buy a book that they will throw in a garbage, but if anything, you can lend them the book instead of giving it to them, that way they may be obliged to return it instead of just throwing it in a trash.

• hubert
    hubert

Losthobbit, if you gave your friend "Crisis of Conscience" and your friend told another j.w. about it, the other j.w.(s) would make him or her throw that book away, or give it back, and would strongly advize your friend not to "associate" with you any more.

So, it's a good idea, except you could lose your friend for good, if it doesn't work out. I don't now what advice to tell you other than that.

Good luck.

Hubert

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

...NO....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit