i am a regular pioneer in my cong reading crisis of conscience.here goes...

by MsGrowingGirl20 206 Replies latest jw friends

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

@MsGrowingGirl20, who said...

i have not reached the point where i'm sure that this isn't his organization....i'm shocked at what i'm learning though.

Deciding what to do will be a longer process for some than others. Don't let anyone push you in any direction until you are ready to make a move.

Continue to take in information and ask questions here, and maybe at other sites as well. Make sure you understand what all the consequences of leaving will be, and compare them to the consequences of staying in.

In time you will be ready, and you will know what to do.

Deciding what to do is an internal struggle that most of us have to go through.

I wish you the very best.

• Quandry
    Quandry

Ms. Growing,

Adding my welcome. I believe in God and Jesus.

Please take the time to do some thinking and reflecting on the history of the Watchtower Society. Do not be hasty in any decisions.

I no longer believe everything the WTS says. I did at one time. I believed that the ones at an age of understanding in 1914 would not die before Armageddon, then I believed that the ones born in 1914 would not, then I was asked to believe that the generation was "the contemporaries" alive at the end who did not believe, but began to question, and now I hear that you must believe in an "overlapping generation." New light? Or just trying to gloss over the fact that the ones who were alive and at an age of understanding, and even those who were born in 1914 are no longer alive?

• shepherd
    shepherd

That book was the turning point for me. I was already thinking all these same thoughts and there it was in print. If all JW's read this book, I think hundreds of thousands more would leave - exactly why it scares the Org so much if people read anything they did not write, yet they expect non witnesses to read their crap.

• Aaron Eldridge
    Aaron Eldridge

Ms. growing girl 20,

I sent you a PM( private message ), to view it click on the envelope symbol next to your name in the upper right-hand corner of this website.

Thanks

• smiddy
    smiddy

MsGG20

Welcome to the forum

smiddy

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

WELCOME! Best Wishes on your journey. (When you're ready for it, I'll say "Good Luck!")

Have u became bitter?
    The bitterness comes and goes. Repeating the horrible ole JW cliche, "Will trials make you bitter or better?" So I've learned and am moving on. As I've gotten to know others, my life isn't so bad compared to the problems of others. Could be better, could be worse.

do u all still believe in God?
    Yeah, kinda. But not the God of the Bible. The Bible has some interesting stories and lessons, but that's about it. It's not a magical roadmap to salvation any more than the Harry Potter series is. If God really exists and if he wants me to know his plans, he would do it far better than using WT with their childish publications with their ever-changing "truth" and false prophecies.

How do u worship Him if at all?
    God, as I perceive him, doesn't need to be worshipped. Did your parents or grandparents demand to be worshipped? If I were God, I wouldn't be so shallow and superficial to demand that my creatures had to waste time and money serving me when they should help one another instead.

Have u found Jehovah's true followers if not witnesses?
    See above. Anybody that claims to be "God's Channel" had better be able to provide free meals, calm storms, heal the sick, raise the dead, and walk on water, for starters. Anybody else that claims to be God's true followers will make false promises, then come after you for money and start leading you around like a slave.

Do u feel at peace with God?
    Yes. Now more than ever. I no longer believe that God demands that all my time and energy revolve around him and a kooky GB. Better than being at peace with God, I'm at peace with myself. I've forgiven myself for being deceived by Watchtower. I no longer feel like I should be "doing more for Jehovah". I can actually pursue happiness without all the WT nonsense that filled me with unhappiness.

Are u happy?
    I'm not unhappy. It would be unrealistic to say that I'm always happy, all the time. But I am happier than I've ever been before. Instead of living the WT life that was going nowhere, waiting for rocks to start killing the worldly people, I now can pursue the things I enjoy. I'm pursuing a degree that gives my life a sense of progress, instead of just putting in time until everyone else dies.

Do u have any doubt that u made the right decision?
    No doubts. I just wish that I would have started to wake up sooner.

If this is not the truth then why are some of u still 'fading'?
    Like I should run in to the KH shouting? I fade because I still want to have contact with a few of my family. And that has given me the opportunity to talk to several of them honestly. Fading is a way of getting out without that can be less stressful, but not always. If pressed, I'd DA.

why condone untruth?
    Please don't ask me to start telling children that there is no Santa. Don't ask me to tell everyone obese, "hey, you're really fat." And I have no interest in running into every church telling everyone where they're wrong. I'm not obligated to stamp out every untruth in the world. The fact is, it's not me that is condoning untruth... it is God that condones untruth. If it's so important that everyone should be set straight, wouldn't it be God's place to break the bad news to everyone. As mentioned, I've already talked to several in my family about "the truth." Certainly, the truth about "the truth" can be found, but most JWs would choose to reject truth. I'm just walking away from the untruth on my own terms.

Would God be happy if this isn't the truth and yet u still atempt to condone and fade?
    I'm not the key to God's happiness. If he doesn't like what's going on with WT, he should get off his ass and fix it himself. I have a cell phone and it would be very easy if he wanted to set me straight on something. In fact, I'd welcome a call from skydaddy, but instead, he makes it a guessing game. Consequently, I'm doing the best that I can.

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones

Welcome to the forum, I hope you find it comforts you and helps you the way it did me.

I was raised in the truth, since the very early fifties, and have seen many changes. They didn't shake my faith, I was a believer. I have to tell you though, that as much as "Crisis" opened my eyes, and as much as it cleared my head as to exactly how the governing body and our headquarters works, what really shook my faith, what made me think that this wasn't god's organization, was what the organization itself wrote.

It was reading our publications, not the work of so-called "apostates" that made me reconsider a lifetime of our teachings. No one told me that we taught that the pyramids were "God's Great Stone Witness" or that we said Christ came in 1874 and that 1799 was the beginning of the time of the end. Nor was I aware that we interpreted Michael as the pope, and the angels as the pope's bishops. But save it for later. Breathe deep, and calm down, there is much to know that even old birds like me didn't know. When you are ready, read our own old publications.

Don't be afraid. It is not true that only unhappiness lies outside the organization. I have found joy and wonder even at my age. Your first thought is "But how would I worship God????" Remember what Jesus's followers said? To whom shall we go? Not to where. Take it easy. Don't panic. Someone gave me good advice. They said, "Breathe."

• mouthy
    mouthy

MSGG20...I see a few pages back you asked if any believe in GOD!!!!I DO!!!!

After being in the WT for over 25 years.,Making 10 people belive it. I was df because

I couldnt believe Jesus came invisably in 1914...2 years later I went to a Convention

Winesses For Jesus ....I was born again. Jesus Christ is the Son of God! So he is God

Just as a son of man is man!!!! Jesus is my Saviour... Helps me every hour> Truly!

The Father > Told us to listen to HIS SON who is the WAY TRUTH LIFE!!!!!
    Lots on here dont believe this.But you must remember we are allowed BY GOD to
    come to our own conclusion... We are allowed to THINK INDEPENDENTLY
    But I must add I love all on here.....They are my brothers & sisters still what EVER they believe

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

@ Mouthy, who said...

"But I must add I love all on here.....They are my brothers & sisters still what EVER they believe"

Now that is a wonderful sight to read. So different from the judgmental, exclusive attitude of the Watchtower.

• free @ last
    free @ last

Welcome new girl.

Johnny the Ex - you had me laughing out loud.... so much to agree with there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit