On being born in and celebrating Birthdays

by baltar447 23 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

I grew up with a non-jw father. But he never celebrated our birthdays because he was a cheap, selfish bastard. If jw parents actually bought presents whenever to show love, jw children would not be so confused. I never pioneered during vacation, my father took us on us travels. I have watched non-jws (never jws) celebrate birthdays, some times it's just a card, maybe a nice meal, no elaborate gifts. If it is your 21st, 40, 50, 60, etc., maybe a party. But mostly no big events or small. Adults that is, some have an event for their children.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

My wife and I still attend some meetings, but we celebrate the birthday of our childeren. I know more JW's in the netherlands, who do celebrate birthdays...

Gorby

• JustThatGirl007
    JustThatGirl007

Babe, I told you already, but I want you to hear it again: I am throwing you the best party ever with a cake of your choice, good food, new friends, and old friends and we will celebrate you & your life. YOU ARE WORTH IT. I love you. :)

• rebel8
    rebel8

I feel that way at other holidays. I know what you mean.

I have what I consider very balanced self esteem. Only when it comes to celebrations I feel weird, immature, unworthy, uncomfortable.

@ times I have been cranky to keep others' nice gestures at bay, something I feel just terrible about.

Senseless.

(( ))

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit