Is it biblically ok to have sex with your daughter or niece?

by Diest 39 Replies latest watchtower bible

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

" Oh No.........I think I drank too much Wine.....

feeling sleepy.....VERY SLEEPY.......... ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Hey BABY!!!"

Servey says................

• mP
    mP

its also ok to sell your daughter and rape your female slaves in the bible. no where does jesus replace these godly laws with something else, so if younare honest younwould still acnowledfge and follow yhese inspired laws.

remember women arent people they are property, look at the last of the ten commandments, its you must not take your neighbiurs wife. also look at buying a virgin by raping her for fifty coins in deu22:27+.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Is it ok to question using the bible as a guide to living in the 21st century thanks to stories like this?

I read the Old Testament for the first time when I was 10. The last time, when I was studying at Gilead. Let me tell you, in 2005, stories like this are gross, no matter which bible you use or what tradition you come from.

• Diest
    Diest

Very true Mp....I love the bible beaters.

• Zordino
    Zordino

It was Great back in those Days. A man could trade in his wife for a cammel, 2 goats, and 4 sheep. I Like it ! I wonder if they ever had a Virgin rape Discount sale? "Rape 2 virgins and the next ones Free." LoL

Even has a catchy tune Rape 2 Virgins and the Next ones Free

• Zordino
  • tec
    tec

Leviticus 18:6

"No one is to approach any close relative to have se x ual relations."

Unless someone thinks that a daughter-in-law is closer in relation than a blood daughter, then I think this verse pretty much covers this one. Also this one: "Do not have se x ual relations with both a woman and her daughter."

Peace,

Tammy

• Diest
    Diest

First off, isn't it interesting that 'God' went into such depth after the scripture you quoted and left out niece and daughter. If he had just left it as dont have sexual relations with a close relative it would be ok, but the very next sentence condems having sex with your mother. Why not pair that and say mother and father? Why not explicitly condem having sex with your brothers daughter if you will condem sex with his wife? Based on what the pitfalls of man has been, wouldn't it have made sense to forbid the most common form of incest(father daughter)?

"Do not have se x ual relations with both a woman and her daughter." This scripture only forbids some woman not your wife nor your daughter.

I am not trying to be nit-picky, but if this book claims to be God's word then maybe it could have been written in a way that evil men coulld not manipulate it.

• tec
    tec

Do not have sexual relations with both a woman and her daughter." This scripture only forbids some woman not your wife nor your daughter.

Well, you had to have sex with the mother to get the daughter in the first place, right? So according to this addendeum, you can't have relations with any of your daughters.

I am not trying to be nit-picky, but if this book claims to be God's word then maybe it could have been written in a way that evil men coulld not manipulate it.

It is unfortunate, but evil men will manipulate whatever they choose to manipulate, and (some) people will believe them, regardless of the black and white nature of what is written. I mean, turn the other cheek obviously means burn people at the stake. "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone" obviously means...well, never mind, lets just ignore this one. Forgive all... well that means all who deserve it. Bless your enemies... well, not the ones you really hate though.

And no matter how the scriptures might have been written, people (including evil men) can still change and add things so that it looks how they want it to manipulate it to look. You often only have to show some people how something might be taken a certain way, to convince them that it is meant that way.

People read and see what they want to read and see. Do not have relations with any close relatives seems pretty straightforward, even with all the addendums added... probably as situations came up and needed to be addressed.

Peace,

Tammy

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

If I may interject for a moment! The most important commandment is the often unquoted eleventh commandment. ‘Do not get caught.’ True to its nature it was never caught on papyrus.

If this commandment is adhered to, no penalties are exacted on those seeking to live a rich and enjoyable life at the expense of others.

Hope this helps.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit