Blondie's Comments You Will Not Hear at the 01-22-2012 WT Study (HELP MEN)

by blondie 32 Replies latest jw friends

• ziddina
    ziddina

Thanks for posting this, Blondie, but this:

"Why is it that there are more men than women in the WTS? ...."

Has me scratching my head...

I observed the exact opposite among the Jehovah's Witnesses...

• ziddina
    ziddina

Okay, paragraph 10 is especially hypocritical and mealy-mouthed...

"In some places today, if a man takes too much interest in God, the bible, or religion, he may be harassed by his workmates, friends or relatives. In other places, it may even be dangerous to talk about changing one's religion..."

Yeah, riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight...

Like in your local kingdom hall....

OOOOOOOO, and there's a goody in paragraph 12...

"...why not help the student to prepare simple, reasonable, Bible based replies to the questions and objections his fellow employees and others may bring up? In addition to our being his personal friend, ..."

But ONLY as long as they obey the Watchtower Corporation and its edicts... Otherwise, that "friendship" will evaporate like a sno-cone dropped on the sidewalk in Dallas, Texas on the Fourth of July...

• blondie
    blondie

Why is it that there are more men than women in the WTS?

typo: should be Why is it that there are more women than men in the WTS?

I guess a spell check doesn't something like that.

More women, because women do the bulk of the d2d and women are more likely to answer the door.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Okay!!!

Thanks, Blondie!!! Now I don't feel confuzzzled!!!

• Listener
    Listener

In the pre donation days paying special pioneers full time to sell publications made sense, their investment would be returned to them tenfold but no such provisions were ever made for elders. Instead their idea was to have a number of elders to share the load.

The org says not to place work as a high priority and God will provide but where are they in this picture? Elders need to support their family and if the org carried out God's work by providing to the elders they might be more successful in retaining them.

• watson
    watson

Re Opened Mind, the brothers are not supposed to teach while conducting the Watchtower anymore. Just read the questions, and repeat this:

"Are there any other comments?"

My opinion on today's study was that it was meant for the "brothers" already attending the meetings. A subtle way to appeal to our egos, get us off our ASSes. Look at the position we have put the org in now. They have to go out and recruit men just so they can opertate the congregation.

Will probably work on some.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Oh, and Blondie???

For you!

I see flowere like these along the trails in our area...

• forever scarred
    forever scarred

ziddina....LOVE your comments! LOL

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Well, single sisters. This one was for you. The society is showing us how to bring in fresh men to marry you.

Your patience is well awarded, because this one article is going to make a difference.

Thanks, Blondie.

• garyneal
    garyneal
    4 Men often put material security ahead of spiritual pursuits. Getting higher education and securing a well-paying job are priorities for many of them.

This will always baffle me, the way they portray men trying to earn a decent living for their families this way. But really, where are the JW youth centers in the colleges? Why don't they point out any witnesses who are doctors that specialize in bloodless therapies at their assemblies? Always the young man or woman who turns down a promising future to piosneer and work as a janitor and/or a window washer.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit