more JW splinter groups to poke sticks at...yes Burney, at you

by Aussie Oz 26 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

From the grat Wikipedia (long may it live)

In 1993, mathematician Gordon Ritchie requested baptism by Jehovah's Witnesses and almost immediately began advocating disagreements with their teachings. He claims he was expelled for apostasy in March 1996. [7] [8] Ritchie contends that Jehovah's Witnesses constituted true religion until 2004, but that his own group of "Lord's Witnesses" is now the sole form of true worship. [9] The group claims several hundred adherents, and argues that their mathematical analysis of the Bible contains divine revelations that Jehovah's Witnesses have ignored.

In 2007, Jehovah's Witness apologist and author Greg G. Stafford, author of "Defending Jehovah's Witnesses" (Elihu Books), formally disassociated from the religion, while insisting on describing himself and his followers as "Jehovah's Witnesses". [10] Stafford has published information about Jehovah's Witnesses, defending many of their unique and central beliefs, such as nontrinitarianism. [11] In 2007 Stafford introduced the term "Christian Witnesses of Jah" to describe individuals who believe many of the same things as Jehovah's Witnesses, [12] [13] but who may not embrace the organization or all of its theological teachings. [14]

And now we can add YORWW and Donald Burney to the list.

So you three guys, how about showing us where each other are wrong before trying to recruit us into your fold eh?

• still thinking
    still thinking

It just never ends does it? Always someone after the religious $$$$$

• pbrow
    pbrow

I always amazes me how someone can actually see the things that a religion is doing wrong, leave and then go and start another church. If someone is a christian why in gods name (no pun intended) would they start a new church and try to get people to follow them?

still thinking, your probably right. more $$$$

pbrow

• steve2
    steve2

I'd say you'd have to be more than a little egotistical and unhinged to start up a religion - you'd also need an unbelievably thick skin, given how much negative publicity you'd get...that seems to describe Joseph Smith (Mormons), Mary Eddy Baker (Christian Scientists), Ellen White (7th-Day Adventists), Charles Russell (Bible Students) Judge Rutherford (Jehovah's Witnesses), Ron Hubbard (Scientologists) and the Reverend Moon (Moonies), among many others.

Imagine them all in the same room at the same time.

What an egostistical, unhinged, think-skinned din there'd be.

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

As long as people give credibility to this Bible, in its dramatically devolved form, there will be Donald Burneys to build new religions upon it.

When we stop looking to 'sacred texts' and 'holy books' and instead turn our attention within, we will see the truth in those very same texts.

This is what Paul meant when he said to 'rightly divide' the word of truth.

This doesn't mean cherry picking verses based on beliefs. It entails completely abandoning preconceived ideas and starting from scratch.

I've read a lot of Burney's work and he is truly a prolific Master at this cherry-picking. It appears he learned this from the Watchtower and dramatically honed, nearly perfected this craft.

Most people here are well aware of huge portions of the Bible being ripped off from older traditions and twisted to fit the paradigm of a tribal desert god. That it became the basis of Christianity was for no other reason than the Satanist bloodlines backing it had more money and better weapons than their competition.

The key is first learning the kabbalistic numerological, astrological, and metaphorical language it's written in, and then you'll find that it falls very much in line with the multitude of ancient sacred texts from a wide variety of civilizations, including Egypt and Sumeria.

The Temple is within you, and YOU are the Chieftain. Don Burney makes his living off the same false premise as all the other Abrahamic religions. Nothing new here at all. Just another gigantic ego thinking it is bigger than the Universe.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

C'mon fella's... at least one of you gotta be reading this!

So you three guys, how about showing us where each other are wrong before trying to recruit us into your fold eh?

Oz

• pbrow
    pbrow

prodigalson, i completely agree. The idea that "the truth" is contained in a book will always allow the few charismatic leaders to fleece the many. I feel that the bible has some good principals (havent really read any other "sacred texts") but I am very reluctant to teach my children out of the bible for fear that coupled with my jw ex's view that the bible is inspired by god, they will come to the conclusion that the bible is the be all end all and if only someone comes along with the "proper" interpretation of it they just have to follow that person or group.

Keep your own council, the truth is inward. I am drawn to the stoics view of self control and clear thinking and especially Seneca's view on anger. Hopefully I can pass that on to my children.

pbrow

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Greg Stafford calls his followers "Jah's Witnesses" but does he actually have any followers?

• still thinking
    still thinking
    steve2

I'd say you'd have to be more than a little egotistical and unhinged to start up a religion

I agree

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Don't forget Robert King.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit