Kelly Jarka Case

by Kenneson 44 Replies latest jw friends

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

The idiot couldn't pull it off with intelligent forethought because he was most likely suffering from

sleep deprivation and under a lot of emotional stress.

One thing that he didn't think about is making a blood trail out the one the doors leading out of the house.

there would have been obvious blood evidence leading out of the house left by the attacker.

An assailant would have wanted to remove themselves out of the crime scene as quickly as possible.

Highly unlikely that they would stop and take a shower and walk out clean as a whistle.

The attack was also not a deterrent to subdue someone during a burglary it was a deliberate attact to kill

( 11 blows to the head)

• james_woods
    james_woods

Aanother little piece of evidence was that when he faked the garage side door "break-in", he kicked the door into one of the SUVs, the very one he had claimed that he was driving on the errand that morning - and which should not have been there.

BTW - this is another weird thing about the whole JW angle (and maybe about that congregation) - has anybody ever heard of an elder staying around with a JW couple on a "divorce shepherding call" until 3 in the morning?

I would think they would call a formal JC meeting in the Kingdom Hall -

3 in the morning? That is just weird.

• Stealth
    Stealth

The elder who was there until 3am was not on official JW call as there was only one elder, but instead was there as a friend.

He was called to testify in court, attempted to use his status as minister to get out of it, but the judge force him to testify since it was not an *official* JW visit. So the congregation left this elder high and dry.

When he finally did testify, he was very evasive in his answering of questions to the point that the judge called him a 'hostile witness'.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

The guy himself looked guilty...but I could not really see anything to blame the JWs for in this case.

It's true enough that JWs didn't cause this to happen, but I see another point that can be made. JWs set themselves above everyone else and every other religion by making certain claims. For example, "We are God's clean people" and "We enjoy a spiritual paradise that no one else has" and "Our elders are appointed by holy spirit."

This case, and others like it, show that JWs are no different than any one else, regardless of the self-righteous mumbo jumbo they heap upon themselves. To me, that is a significant fact.

• steve2
    steve2

Is Jarka's witness also Jehovah's witness? We know what Jarka did wrong to need a witness, but what did Jehovah do wrong to need a witness? Will 20/20 cover this angle? Will Jarka be disfellowshipped and/or remediated in prison, if found guilty? Will Jehovah be disfellowshipped and given the prospect of remediation in prison for his role in this sordid affair?

• james_woods
    james_woods
    This case, and others like it, show that JWs are no different than any one else, regardless of the self-righteous mumbo jumbo they heap upon themselves. To me, that is a significant fact.

Very well posted.

• arko_n9ne
    arko_n9ne

@stealthcalling a Jehovah's Witness a hostile witness is hi-friggin-larious!

@steve2You know, maybe you're right. My unbalanced mind forgot all the human rights violations. Let's go down the list of the scandal that is the Russian Government:

• Surgically removing a deemed "rebel" from his/her family and the public eye. Insidious to the point they'll annouce his/her death.
    • Brainwashing the masses with mind-control regiments and the endless years of psychological and emotional abuse to keep order.
    • Severest punishments ordered on those who question or negatively criticize the government.
    • Turning Families into spies against each other.

And their shadow play:

• Censorship as well as banning "propagandist" materials critical of the movement (in many cases, the "propaganda" is destroyed.).
    • Secret Committees that use exclusive, confidential information that would be disastrous if revealed to the public.
    • Coded messages and secret languages delivered via clandestine operatives.
    • Lying for gains (personal and monetary) as well as espionage.
    • Embezzlement of Charitable Funds & Heavily Misrepresented Allocations of donations.

Yes, Russia has a sordid history of human rights violations....wait...wait just a second!
    This list of squalid tact--it's doesn't apply just to the Russian Government. In fact, it applies to the Watchtower Society! OH. MY. GOODNESS. Who would have thought.

The fact of the matter @steve2 is that Russia isn't lining up Witnesses in the streets and gunning them down by the dozen. It's not arresting Witnesses for being Witnesses. There is no real mistreatment here, especially when you take Matthew 5:38 into account. There is also Matthew 7:12 which you can use separately or pair well with 5:38's oaky Savignon flavor.

Unlike the United States, The European Union, and many other countries, Russia defined what they viewed as a religion and what is to be viewed as an extremist cult. Here in the states, the legal definition of a religion is "any belief structure that fills the spot in an individual where there is usually God." It's reworded a hundred different ways in a hundred different books, but in the United States, you don't even have to believ in God to be in a religion. You just need to believe in whatever it is you believe in.

The majority of the world is on a sensitivity binge and refuses to further define a division between acceptable and unacceptable religion. So any charismatic person with a knowledge of the workings of human error and faith can claim they are God and get a tax break. And I know why you would support lack of a definition.

@steve2 would say: "if you let governments define religion, they can use their personal choice of religion as the standard, and there wouldn't be freedom from religious persecution."

But that's not the case. Define a religion by the lack of contradiction in it's beliefs as well as noting the difference in doctrine from the source material. As Russia has done already. If you are sitting on a book that you are telling thousands to millions is the infallible word of your God, then there should be zero error or contradiction. No margin of inaccuracy. Your religion is what your book says it is without speculation.

But the WTS doesn't have that road block, so they can buy land across the world tax free. Yeah, they are a shady real estate company, remember? They can dodge restrictions legitimate corporations are legally forced to obide by. How expensive IS Russian property? I bet the WTS can afford alot if they were allowed to recruit in Russia.

But they aren't. The Russian Government deemed the Watchtower "extremist" and blacklisted certain publications from the Society they view as extremist. It's a law in Russia. A law, get it? The WTS acknowledges the "superior authorities" as worldly Government and must follow the laws of that region. I mean, it was their excuse for encouraging brothers to bribe military officials in Mexico. "It's the policy of the region."

During Prohibition, if you bought or sold alcohol, you were arrested. Currently, in the States, there is this pesky SOPA bill that will prosecute and imprison people who link or stream copyrighted material online. No matter what the opinion of the law is, you have to follow it or you go to jail.

The Russian government listed about 40 publications that are illegal to distribute or possess. 40 publications out of thousands. That is all that government levied against Witnesses. No violations of human rights. Just protecting Russian minds from indoctrination that is harmful to the spirit (or what have you).

How many books has the WTS banned? I know there isn't a list or given number. The answer is "anything not written by the FDS."

How many human rights does the WTS violate? You're in Australia, so with all that Victoria court drama, you know personally that it's a long list that includes allowing child molestors to hurt kids.

But what do I know? My thinking is "unbalanced." Unhinged, even.

~Ryan Kent

• james_woods
    james_woods
    Yes, Russia has a sordid history of human rights violations....wait...wait just a second!
    This list of squalid tact--it's doesn't apply just to the Russian Government. In fact, it applies to the Watchtower Society! OH. MY. GOODNESS. Who would have thought.

Off topic, but you are right.

As ex-JWs we might admire the Russians (Soviets) for coming down hard on the Watchtower.

However, as the old saying goes - sometimes you should be careful of what you wish for...you might just get it.

• thetrueone
  • BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

I get this one mixed up with the Christian Longo case - JW who killed his whole family in Oregon - in over his head financially, etc., etc..

Being a Witness is no protection against the vagaries that are visited upon other human beings.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit