Kelly Jarka Case

by Kenneson 44 Replies latest jw friends

• arko_n9ne
    arko_n9ne

@james woods
    I know it's off topic. I apologize to those who my words have distracted and wont do it again in future topics.
    If you saw my original post, it was disputed and then closed out with a sentence from Night At the Roxbury:

"you're quite the balanced thinker. Not!" And then Will Ferrell and Chris Kattan high-five each other. I felt a personal opinion with good points was being rationalized as something malicious and insensitive and needed clearing up.

So yeah... as in my original reply, I am still, after reading all the details, sure that Mr. Jarka's case will be swept under the rug should his appeals case fail. It's not enough to ignore a person who is kicked out of the congregation/leaves voluntarily, but they have to go the extra mile in denying he ever existed as one of them.

Most Witnesses deny Michael Jackson was ever a Witness, despite his tremendous financial donations to the Watchtower after being disfellowshipped. So I imagine they will tow the company line without hesitation for Joe Witness, the killer elder.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    So yeah... as in my original reply, I am still, after reading all the details, sure that Mr. Jarka's case will be swept under the rug should his appeals case fail. It's not enough to ignore a person who is kicked out of the congregation/leaves voluntarily, but they have to go the extra mile in denying he ever existed as one of them.
    Most Witnesses deny Michael Jackson was ever a Witness, despite his tremendous financial donations to the Watchtower after being disfellowshipped. So I imagine they will tow the company line without hesitation for Joe Witness, the killer elder.

Very well posted, ark.

• Dagney
    Dagney

I wonder if anybody knows if Jarka was officially DF'd. I'm curious.

• james_woods
    james_woods

An excellent question. I am sure all enquiry is being routed to the NYC legal department.

Who will reply - No Comment At This Time.

• steve2
    steve2
    You know, maybe you're right. My unbalanced mind forgot all the human rights violations. Let's go down the list of the scandal that is the Russian Government:

Surgically removing a deemed "rebel" from his/her family and the public eye. Insidious to the point they'll annouce his/her death.
      Brainwashing the masses with mind-control regiments and the endless years of psychological and emotional abuse to keep order.
      Severest punishments ordered on those who question or negatively criticize the government.
      Turning Families into spies against each other.

Ryan I have no doubt you feel very, very strongly about your point of view - but honestly, using hyperbolic language to illustrate how the Watchtower is like the Russian government falls flat because your language is florid in the extreme. Can you tell me what physical act was involved in "surgically removing a rebel" ? Or am I supposed to know you are referring to somethin else? Stick to the facts. You accuse them of brain washing. Hello my friend - every tactic they use to inculcate their beliefs is used by advertisers and politicians. Besides, fundamentalist Christians visit some pretty harrowing stories among their young ones to keep them in line - brain washing? Depends whose side you're on.

Now you'd be talking more sense if you spoke about the brain washing methods used in the Soviet Union during the dary days of Communism.

As much as you jump up and down and shout, and then produce such overblown examples, you lose your audience big time. You come across as unhinged. As I said to another poster recently (and with irony) the JWs wll love you because you are a perfect specimen of how they envisage opposers and/or apostates to be: Sensationalist and unbalanced. Nice one.

• arko_n9ne
    arko_n9ne

surgically removing a loved one from family...hmm. i wonder if i can do this...

lets see...

demonize the outside world as mentally diseased. impatient. liars. unworthy.

restrict communication with nonbelievers to the sales pitch.

limit friends and worthy family to those in the congregation so they have no one on the outside.

make the brother dependent on friends and family in the congregation. when the brother makes a mistake the elders want to df for it is ingrained in the active brothers and sisters that he committed a sin against them and god. that he is now unworthy. untrustworthy. a liar. impatient. mentally diseased.

everyone he has been raised to trust is now against him. they want nothing to do with him. not if they are loyal to the organization.

and this is a fact known by every exjw on here. it is a precise act that was thought through methodically. it is the point. look at the april study watchtower. look at the january 2011 study watchtower. they acknowledge they blacklist a person on purpose.

where is the sensationalism steve2...

i was never a witness but the fact that you dont know the basic tactics of the society makes you questionable. i would understand if it was quiet and they didnt talk about it but 3 of the 2011 studies were about why they df someone. the purpose not the reason.

the hardline approach of the april 2011 study.

the 2011 convention talks. its all ther. they cut off a wrongdoer from friends and family and they have no shame in admitting it...to each other.

i get that you jumped the gun by accusing me of supporting the violation of human rights. i explained in detail that the world run by the wts would be run much like the russian government. i pointed out that the only thing russia did to the wts was deem them extremists and ban 39 out of thousands of titles.

but you have to save face. i am new and youre established so i cant have a valid point next to you. especially when you made a bold accusation and an insult to me. publically.

but i have already detailed my points and proven you to be brash. i would expect nonsensical discrediting from the society about us. but not from one of our own. unbalanced. sensationalist. words to discredit. may as well call me mentally diseased and quick to anger.

i never said russia is doing a good job murdering and wrongfully imprisoning witnesses. i never applauded russia in torturing j dubs. because they arent.

for the second time. they deemed the watchtower extremist. if they arent extremist there are a good number of balanced thinkers who would kindly disagree with you on here.

they made it illegal to possess 39 pieces of literature. every country has a list of documents it is illegal to possess and distribute. again. look at sopa.

the wts uses theocratic warfare as the encouragement to have witnesses break the law for them. so witnesses break the law by distributing illegal documents. they are arrested. not tortured. not murdered. arrested.

sensationalist. wow.

i am done with this conversation. hopefully you will learn to avoid jumping the gun in the future. or looking down on newbies. and hopefully one or more of our brothers on here will point you to the numerous wt writings associated with each of my points of similarity of th wts and the russian government.

i tried explaining but you didnt want to listen. so have fun and be kinder to newbies. you will scare all of them off. even the ones who can help more than the veterans.

• Stealth
    Stealth

Don't know for sure, but do know that he writes and recevies letters to active JWs. That would seem to indicate that he has not been DF. Guess they can't do it without TWO witnesses.

• Dagney
    Dagney

@Stealth: Interesting.

I never thought about it before, what are the official rules in something like this? Does the WTBS DF a person if a secular court finds them guilty of a federal offense like murder, which used to be a serious violation of a scriptural law. They don't need a proper JC to DF someone if they want to.

Any idea was the official stand is?

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

BTTT for Dagnesy's last post. Good question.

• blondie
    blondie

A secular sentence does not matter; if the jw JC finds him repentant of his crime, he won't be df'd. Remember the WTS does not DF because an individual is guilty, but only if they refused to confess and repent.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit