Received a very heart felt phone call tonite over the Df Watchtower article

by troubled mind 20 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

TROUBLED MIND- THanks for the kind words and love. I really appreciate it. It gives me hope regarding my daughters. Say hi to your hubby for me too ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• discreetslave
    discreetslave

I know how hard it was to make a decision to leave the borg. Your story is encouraging. I hope I'll be able to say the same thing. My husband is still in and it hasn't been easy. Our relationship has been on quite a rollercoaster. My children are young and as things are I do not worry about them becoming JW's even though he takes them to meetings. My husband & I have had a breakthrough. He will not consider anything I've had to say (yet) but we are drawing so close to each other. I hope to be able to have a story like yours.

Troubled Mind I'm on Kyria's group on facebook I wonder if I know your son.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

TM Thanks for responding with your encouraging words. I know it's a process and will take time. But it's painful now.

Being shunned by your own sons is heartbreaking. And it's so frustrating because when I get the rare opportunity to talk to my youngest I have to be careful what I say because being real runs the risk of being labeled an apostate. This religion actually forces people to be fake.

It's so ridiculous I can't even tell him I don't want be a JW because the leaders are hypocrites and liars. And the irony is that he is mad at me because of something I did 3 years ago that was hypocritical. He only found out because I didn't want to go on living a pretend life. Now that I'm real and not living a lie anymore I'm the pariah. And he continues to slave for a bunch of hypocritical liars and cowards.

It makes me so angry too.

00DAD

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

TM thanks for the good story. It's nice to remember that yes sometimes the ones we love wake up.

That is great how many of your family left after you

FS

Don't give up Flipper and ooDad

• cofty
    cofty

00Dad and Flipper Heartbreaking to think about your children shunning you. It seems so much worse than the reverse for some reason. Great to hear your positive experience troubled mind.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Cofty, thank you .... it is worse than you can imagine ...

• exjehovah
    exjehovah

Thank you for sharing that. So many of us, including myself are disgusted by their new tactics. I am so glad people are seeing it for what it is.

• Azazel
    Azazel

troubled mind on the great checklist of life place a tick on the "being a good mother!" well done , mission accomplished.

Az

• smiddy
    smiddy

Well done troubled mind

smiddy

• Quandry
    Quandry

troubled,

How wonderful that you and your family are together. So is mine...my husband, me, and my daughter, now grown. Yes, it is great to use the mind I have, and live every day to its full potential.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit