Is there one Bible Prophecy.....

by Phizzy 80 Replies latest watchtower bible

• N.drew
    N.drew

1 Thessalonians 5:3

While they are saying, "Peace and safety!" then destruction will come upon them suddenly like labor pains upon a woman with child, and they will not escape.

This is where The Watchtower gets it's doctrine of the destruction of the world.

But it is a prophesy about them, isn't it?

I believe the original language written means "they will not flee". That is exactly what we see, is it not? Seven million Jehovah's Witnesses saying that are the way to peace and security. They are joined to their mission as a woman is to the child inside her. And they will never give up (flee) till that damn baby is born.

They are even prophesied as the ones saying "where is this promised presence of his?" Aren't they the ones waiting (as a pregnant woman) for the materialization of God's Kingdom?

I suspect the second part of 2 Peter 3:4 is "wisdom" answering them saying " For ever since the fathers fell asleep, all continues just as it was from the beginning of creation."

We know they are after their own desires (Earth will be for us) but how are they ridiculers? They're not. It is a bad traslation. It means "mockers". They mock Moses who was leader of Israel. And they mock Israel by putting works ahead of faith.

• N.drew
    N.drew

If the king finds himself naked he has to pretend he has clothes on, or that's how the story goes. He was warned. Revelation 16:15. Naked looks good on some people. But not me! What does "keep your clothes on" mean? It means if your wrong, don't make it public knowledge.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

I believe in the benefit of the doubt until proved otherwise.

I am Jesus. There. Until you can prove I am not you are bound to believe in me. SWEET!

Um... well... that is the only way it could be a valid prophecy.

Let me clarify. The things written AFTER were written WAY after with no eye witness accounts, in languages the eyewitnesses wouldn't have spoken (and likely to have been literate in, if they were indeed literate in ANY language) and are often contradictory and don't exactly match up to the prophecy, just kinda hit somewhere in the ballpark.

Another one is the promise to Abraham that Ishmael would also grow into a great nation... Ishmael being the brother of Israel. (Muslim and Jew) This is playing out today.

Uh, Ishmael wasn't a Muslim. They claim him, Moses, Jesus and Abraham also. There is no proof that Islam (other than laying verbal claim to him) have anything to do with Ishmael. Prove lineage and then we can talk.

Otherwise, I claim Ishamel and the growing into greatness. Because I am awesome.

• Larsinger58
    Larsinger58

Is there one Bible prophecy in the form of a prediction, that can be proven to truly be a prediction,i.e written before the event, and it came true ?

Yes. Zech 13:8 predicted that two-thirds of the Jews would be killed during the "great tribulation" that began in 1940 and ended in 1947. So that came true.

What is the Holocaust? The Holocaust was the systematic annihilation of six million Jews by the Nazi regime during World War 2. In 1933 approximately nine million Jews lived in the 21 countries of Europe that would be occupied by Germany during the war. By 1945 two out of every three European Jews had been killed. The European Jews were the primary victims of the Holocaust. "

It was fulfilled!! ...and many others, of course.

LS

• pbrow
    pbrow

Yahtzee!! cofty.

You know I get really pissed off when I read these ftards talk about prophesies and messiahs but then I realize that you all are not jdubs who think everyone is who doesnt believe what they believe will get their eyes pecked out!

I agree tornapart... there are BILLIONS! (i would say narrow is the path that leads to life but that would just seem stupid)

ok, im calm now

• cofty
    cofty

Hi pbrow - breath!

I'm still trying to work out if you are agreeing with me or want to kill me? Either way is good ;)

• pbrow
    pbrow

cofty i just reread my post and yes i agree with you, i just type like an ftard (should it be "a ftard" or "an ftard, because if the word starts with...nevermind) when i get heated about prophesies and such. I dont exactly remember what my billions comment was about.

pbrow

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

so that is really still a.........................................................................no

• N.drew
    N.drew

FSP whose very religion teaches "do not flee"? ekphygosin From ek and pheugo ; to flee out

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Yes. Zech 13:8 predicted that two-thirds of the Jews would be killed during the "great tribulation" that began in 1940 and ended in 1947. So that came true.

No, it didn't predict that. That's your interpretation. Two out of three European Jews were killed, not two out of three Jews.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit