Do you believe in Doggy Heaven....(Why? or Why not?) be honest

by Terry 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I visited a dog exhibit at the Franklin Institute. It was amazing. An early Stone Age burial shows a woman with her puppy nestled next to her. The human/dog connecton is at least that old. A Chinese friend said that Chinses have dogs as pets but not in the sense that Americans and Europeans do where they are honored members of the family and run the household.'

In PA, there is a culture war between the Amish, who are stuck in time and truly cannot conceive as a dog or cat as pet, and everyone else. Dogs are purely livestock animals. Despite efforts to explain how the puppy millls revolt people and the Amish will lose an income source, experts say there is no point in discussion. A dog is exploited the way cattle and sheep are treated. Eposes are run on TV showing the mother dogs having perhaps a 2 week rest in between 20 and 30 pregnancies.

It is my personal relationship with my dog that convinced me heaven cannot be heaven, witout cherished and loved pets.

• Quentin
    Quentin

OK...over being pissed....Homo Sapiens [us, humans, "wise man" ] are animals. A dog, horse, rhino, donkey, so forth, are animals as well. All animals have souls and spirits. If you believe [ that being the key word ] humans at death go to heaven, then it follows that all animals have a heaven as well.

However, that pesky little word believe is where the wheels fall off. A seemingly silly question about "Doggy Heaven" drives us deeper and deeper into how we know [ epistemology ] and a view that there is no rational way to justify ones beliefs: faith alone is necessary, nothing else [ fideism ] Faith then has lead us into: If this is true ( humans ), then how much more is that true ( Doggy Heaven ) or, a fortiori. Terry has asked a philosophical question, that will become circular in it's reasoning.

So, have fun. It's a great question and splendid exercise in logic.

• jam
    jam

If you have A dog heaven, why not cats heaven, hamsters,

monkeys, dolphins (they are adorable). Wait A minute.

I was told " those that go to heaven will rule over man-

kind." So I guess God will choose the Anointed dogs to rule

over the dogs here on earth.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

If our intelligence is from "God" and "He" created us and the animals . .. and especially those animals that show compassion & learning, I think there is a rainbrow bridge for dogs . . . and horses, dolphins, parrots, turtles, lizards, etc. Who is to say that any one creature is better then another.

In fact, dolphins & dogs have saved many human lives. That's more then I can say for the God of Abraham, who is so perfect He demands we sacrifice our children, He starts wars, He orders millions to die, and He demands we worship Him. If He is so perfect, why did He have to wait thousands of years to send His Son? Why does He have to wait thousands of more years to fullfil His Son's wish. If I acted like Him, and ordered everyone to kill their son & for you to all worship me, you'd have me shipped off to the loony bin. Think about it. All the Abrahamic religons are are nuts, just like their God.

I am not saying that we, dogs, dolphins, and shrimp were not "created" or that there isn't some force more intelligent then us. But, the God that I read about in the Bible - please, please, please . . . don't let it be Him. I'd hope that the real "Creator" was as forgiving as a dog and as caring as the Dolphin He created.

Skeeter

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
    There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
    There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
    The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

I think I have officially participated in the hijacking of a thread.

I apologize. But, it took a monkey and a mosquito to do it.

Skeeter

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Heaven is where you want it to be man....

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Shamus obviously wants to know if he can join his friend in heaven

• shamus100
    shamus100

Pffft. I'm not going to heaven. I'm going straight to hell. Satan is very interested in contracting my services. ;)

• White Dove
    White Dove

I believe that every soul travels through the Summerlands, and then is reborn to a new life with new lessons.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit