Ethics and morality,

by Norm 53 Replies latest jw friends

• JanH
    JanH

gambler,

Yes, I love movies about dysfunctional people as well as movies about murderers and other criminals. Should we be surprised that many of the best movies in these genres are American? Again, the "defence" of most Americans on this thread is much more damning than anything I could ever say about them.

This thread started about the death penalty. Of course it is so much easier for you to deal in personal insults than actually answering the factual information Norm presented.

Here is an interesting article about how the death penalty is administered:

"Too late to stop the hangman?

Missouri is determined to execute Joseph Amrine for murder even though every prosecution witness and the jury foreman now say he's innocent and new witnesses point to another man. Why? A federal law says the evidence came in too late."

Read the WHOLE article on http://www.salon.com/news/feature/2002/02/20/amrine/index.html and weep.

Then, instead of posting nonsense in this thread, Americans should make their stupid politicians change their system. It is, after all, a democracy. I doubt it will remain one if the current apathy continues.

- Jan
    --
    - "How do you write women so well?" - "I think of a man and I take away reason and accountability." (Jack Nicholson in "As Good as it Gets")

• puppylove
    puppylove

Norm, I think you confuse someone pointing out the flaws in your statements to you as sputtering.

Continue on with your bashing.

• ChristFollower
    ChristFollower

Hmmm.

"has one huge human right violation in common with many of those countries, namely capital punishment."

Let's see. I must assume that you are an athiest, or at least a practicing athiest? I am wondering, because I have honestly never met someone that is not in favor of capital punishment. In the US, I have only heard such nonsense (no offense) from the liberal media here. Are you from Europe? I am just curious.

According to whose standard is capital punishment a human rights violation?

Someone who murders and rapes a child deserves to die himself. If that is a "human rights" violation, then so be it.

Anyway, just my humble opinion.

• lauralisa
    lauralisa

Responses to this one could go way off the charts, or not

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit