hello I Am the Tater-T

by Tater-T 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

I have a good relationship with my daughter.. Thanks .. for asking

@ Terry.. it was many issues that were in constant gnaw... it was the one that keep me from taking this giant step.. to the and why?

cuz it's their ACE in the hole to keep the 'TRUTH' about the Truth from getting out!

special thanks to all your efforts on this site and others Terry.. I found your writings on here very helpful.. but everyone has been helpful too..

It's been a litttle overwelming .. too say the least, I'm a little preoccupied with it too.. seeking balance and how to proceed ..

It's so obvious now I can't see anything good about them .

Example: My grandpa an original Int' Bible student... On YOU can only read spiritual material from the 'Faithful and Descrete Slave' ... "CULT 101"

Grandpa read everything! And my Uncle upon seeing he was reading a book from Billy Graham, stating how somethings didn't apply to Grandpa

Ok ... so that being said if it's the "truth" it should stand up to anything and these others shouldn't be a threat.. right!

• ziddina
    ziddina

Hi, Tater-T!

Welcome to the board!!

[Mmmmph!! Thinking about the late, great George Carlin's skit, "Seven Words You Can't Say on TV"...!]

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I just found this. Welcome Tater! Regarding your fear of unforgivable sin---that's a really strong one. I spent years miserable because I feared I committed that sin and didn't know it. It's genius really! Inculcate a phobia that will prevent all serious questions. So I'm 99.999999999 percent sure that this is a cult that teaches a lot of nonsense. I'm just as sure they aren't chosen by any god anywhere for anything. But for that itsy bitsy part of my psyche that is still captive, I ask myself this: If it is all true, do I really want to live with these people for an eternity??? OH HELP ME, I thought paradise was supposed to be happy! My loud and affirmative answer is, "NO! PLEASE GOD (FSM) NO!"

Or in the words of philosopher Billy Joel:

I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints.

NC

• dinah
    dinah

I should read here more often and ignore politics. Sorry, Tater! Another born-in. You'll find many of them here.

The waking up part is painful, but very releasing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit