How come "Johhny the Bethelite" has not been exposed?

by hotspur 157 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• hotspur
    hotspur

I can't believe Johnny the Bethelite has not been uncovered. Unless, of course, he doesn't exist! Hoping not to give Koolaidman any more exposure here but...

Let's see if I've got this right... Johnny is undercover in Bethel and keeping his identity secret to the extent he is using a 'voice-bender' to disguise his voice and lots of other, clever under-cover techinques?

Please explain how any detective over the age of ten couldn't work out the identity of Johnny through the details described in the first paragraph of "Johnny the Bethelite's February 12 2011 interview"on the http://www.christianwitnesses.com/id347.html website?

Quote...

"When Johnny the Bethelite returned to the Six Screens phone conference on January 12, he said that this time he was in a closet located inside his own room at Bethel. He was lying there with two herniated spinal discs giving him pain. His dad is a doctor who did an MRI of him after he recently fell. He himself wants to leave Bethel to go to medical school and was going to but cannot right now because of the fall which the MRI shows ruptured two of his spinal discs now causing him much pain. He believes the vacuum cleaning machine which was left on stairs and caused him to fall was left there. To help induce him to stay Watchtower has brought in or is bringing in his fleshly brother and sister. He has been assigned to another room with a better view, and they still seem to be maneuvering to try to get him into a compromising sexual encounter so as to discredit him when he walks off."

(For those detectives under the age of ten I've highllighted the salient clues/evidence)

I hope I haven't exposed Johnny. Clumsy me...
    I smell bovine waste!

[I raised this in another thread but I think it got buried in people's views of Koolaidman - thought it deserved a thread of it's own]

• cedars
    cedars

Thanks hotspur. As I understand, the simple test that was put to Johnny was "prove you're in bethel by giving us the wording of a Watchtower before it is released online". He hasn't come up with that info, so why should he be believed?

I also understand he has made one or two slip-ups, such as using the word "ex-communicated" rather than disfellowshipped.

I'm no expert on this fiasco, and I really don't have the time or patience to be investigating it or listening in. I'm bemused more than anything at why all of this is necessary, and I think it plays to the stereotype of sensationalist apostates that Witnesses are taught to expect. I can't see how that is productive to the cause. That said, I understand people take pleasure and inspiration from all of this - so who am I to judge?

Cedars

• cantleave
    cantleave

It off the scale

• hotspur
    hotspur

I can't believe it either and if it were to be true how come he is still there? Too much evidence for him not to be trapped in my opinion. If there is a hidden agenda I dread to think what it is.

That said, I understand people take pleasure and inspiration from all of this - so who am I to judge?

I think that sums it all up pretty succinctly... judging can be fun though can't it? I mean, thousands of elders can't be wrong!

• koolaid-man
    koolaid-man

Hello hotspur, I would like to tell you more, but I run the risk of being disfellowshiped and shunned on this forum if "Johnny the Bethilite" threads keep popping up.

• sizemik
    sizemik
    I run the risk of being disfellowshiped and shunned on this forum if "Johnny the Bethilite" threads keep popping up. . . . RF

Rick . . . you didn't start the thread. Use the opportunity to address the OP.

• elderelite
    elderelite

Seriously rick u start this thread and many would like to hear reasonable answers to reasonable questions... For that matter the man supposbly does a radio show... Why cant he join this foreum? And the voice disguiser is rediculous. He called into six screens for hours and hours that available for download by anyone. The voice is on record for anyone who wants to hear it

• hotspur
    hotspur

So, this is how I understand it Rick... every mention of Johnny the Bethelite places you into further jeopardy with this forum? And yet, let me see if I can remember, who "threw" Johnny into this melting pot in the first place?

Come on... you can't have it both ways! Surely it's a case of put-up or shut-up? I was sucked into one cult (ok, I was an obedient 12 year old at the time but I grew into it) and therefore I read the orignal stuff on Johnny with an open but enquiring mind. All I did was read yet more information about Johnny and was left with questions. These questions I have now voiced publicly with a desire to have answers.

You have the temerity to tell me (and everyone else) to drop it... sorry, I haven't come down with the last shower. Tell us the truth for once!

• cedars
    cedars

I'm going to be bold and hazard a guess at what is going on here.

I think Rick concocted the "Johnny the Bethelite" character in the hopes that by doing so, he would be encouraging any REAL bethelites lurking on JWN and elsewhere to come forward. This whole stunt may well be an attempt to demonstrate to those apostates inside bethel that if they WANT to begin informing, they have a ready-made audience waiting for them. Johnny is essentially the "Johnny the Baptist" in this scenario, paving the way for a genuine insider or "messiah" to step forward once he or she sees how well they will be received.

It's just a guess, but I think it lets Rick off the hook to a certain extent, because his overall motives aren't so nefarious even if his execution is terrible.

If the above is true, it may explain Rick's reluctance to come clean. He is aware that by admitting it's a sham, he will be ruining his reputation and may well get kicked off the forum. What he wanted to happen was for a genuine bethelite to come forward much sooner, thereby demonstrating the genius of his scheme.

Like I said, I'm just postulating.

Cedars

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

I think Johnny the Bethelite has never been a witness. He used the word excommunicated. Mystery solved!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit