Awake!: Sometimes You Just Have To Pick Your Jaw Up Off The Floor

by metatron 27 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

Ah, deception must be so-o-o-o-o-o- easy when you can deal with people who have no critical thinking skills.

An amazing example? The past November Awake magazine ! The cover asks, "Is Belief In A Creator Reasonable?"

In the cover background picture, it shows skeletons from a Tyrannosaurus Rex and a Tricerotops. There also is some sort of large attacking predator in a museum diorama.

Now, a person with a few neurons to rub to together (probably not one of Jehovah's Witnesses) might reason, "The Bible says that God created everything (Rev. 4:11) so God created a 25 foot tall horror with razor sharp teeth like an alligator and another creature that has long sharp horns and a bony plate to protect its neck .... and other stuff that hunted, killed and savagely acted 'red in tooth and claw'."

"So, I guess my answer would be No, it isn't reasonable - unless you think God is a crazed, evil psychopath."

Oh, but wait.... hold onto your gag reflex! Page 29 tells us that "Slightly more than 10 percent" of American adults have left the Catholic Church after having having been raised Catholic" Imagine ! (gasp) a loss of 10 percent of Catholic kids ! Why think how those other religions must feel about losing FAR MORE than 10 percent!

Ok, you can vomit now (I'll hold your hair back).

metatron

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Are you implying that the Awake is saying the Catholic Church is a dinosaur?

• shamus100
    shamus100

Remember: They want to believe it's the truth therefore it is the truth. That is all there is to it. Critical thinking skills are always non-existent. ;)

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Ha! Thanks for the Asleep! summary. I literally never even opened the piece of crap, nor did I 'place it' in FS.

• moshe
    moshe

T-Rex was the top predator back in the Jurassic times- and yet that perfect creation by Jehovah is now extinct. I guess, because T-Rex got too big for his britches - and now humans are the top preadtor. Which begs the questions- how long will it be before we are extinct, too? Who will be the new top predator after us?

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I almost away shocking how such ignorant people can trumpet their ignorance and how JWs revel in such trash. Ignorance is loved.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

And that of course is why college is so frowned upon.

It is not the fact that at college you may have sex.

It is not the fact that you could be regular pioneering instead of being in college.

It is because college teaches you CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS -and that is a no-no for the WTBTS

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

STILLAJWELDER - you nailed it. When I went to my college orientation day last spring, over and over the speakers emphasized that, if anything, they wanted the students to leave college with CRITCAL THINKING SKILLS.

It all clicked. . . .

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

Metatron:

Please! I am in suspense here! What conclusion did Awake! come to?

I am assuming that because it used the word 'reasonable' it has examined the unbiased evidence and concluded that the WTBTS teachings were wrong, that creation is just a myth, and that the world really is older than 6,000 years.

Should I hold my breath?

• stapler99
    stapler99

Another contradiction is that while some of the dinosaurs are obviously predators, there is a JW belief that all the animals were herbivores before the Flood (although I'm not sure if that belief is official).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit