God: The Abusive Boyfriend

by baltar447 21 Replies latest jw friends

• baltar447
    baltar447

http://conversationalatheist.com/general-essays/god-the-abusive-boyfriend/

Ways the Christian God is like the most extreme version of an abusive (and possibly psychotic) boyfriend:
    • Needs constant praise and makes you feel guilty for just being human.
    • Has severe jealousy issues.
    • He lets painful experiences happen to you that he could easily prevent, just to test your devotion to Him.
    • Claims credit for everything good in your life; claims nothing bad in your life comes from Him.
    • Threatens you with eternal torture if you ever leave Him.
    • He is constantly swearing that He loves you and you need Him.(Thanks Richard Collins).
    Ways to tell if you are in danger of being taken advantage of in a relationship with this abusive God:
    • You are highly defensive of Him from even the slightest criticism of His flaws.
    • You talk to Him every night, and He never responds yet still expects unwavering devotion.

(And from comments:)

He promises "someday I'll make it all better and then you'll be glad you're with me, you just have to be patient," and that day never comes
    He has very set ideas on what actions are acceptable down to what clothing you wear and who you hang out with.
    He tells you that if your friends don't like him you have to stop being friends with them
    you are never good enough for him whatever you do.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

This seemed both true and amusing.

• peridotgreen
    peridotgreen

Wow, you nailed it.

Great job.

• zengalileo
    zengalileo

Awesome.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And, additionally he caused the very suffering that he demands the praise for one day removing. He put it there just so he could get praise?

No wonder I would rather praise Satan. Satan at least tried to lift mankind from that Almighty Lowlife Scumbag. Satan wanted man to be able to better ourselves, not slave for some Baghead all the time without seeing good for it. And what does that Almighty Sore Loser do? He cuts Satan's power to help mankind better itself. Later, when Jesus does the exact same work Satan tried, Jesus paid for the attempt with his life. On top of that, Jehovah made sure that Jesus' message got distorted so no one can benefit from it.

And, if Agenda 21+ manages to enslave the whole human race, I will hold Jehovah 100% responsible for it. He is merely using the Rothschild family to do the dirty work, but it really is Jehovah's fault. ALMIGHTY GOD IS WORKING TO ENSLAVE THE WHOLE HUMAN RACE!

• ziddina
    ziddina

Hah, hah!!!

GREAT, Baltar!!!

• baltar447
    baltar447

I can't take credit for this, I found it on another website, but I wanted to share

• ziddina
    ziddina

Thanks for sharing that!!

• Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience

Baltaar447 - Even if though it's not yours, thanks for sharing!!

I haven't yet classified myself as atheist. But I definitely do not go on the defensive when people bash God.

I can no longer sit back and accept that if he/she/it is real, empty promises continue to be m ade by such a being and believed by people despite no action taking place.

How much longer? There is nothing wrong in asking that, and now I realize it.

CoC

• cantleave
    cantleave

I have a print-out of that somewhere, it is very good.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit