Please remember that Flipp, try not to let the guilt consume you

what you did was out of love, not hate, you have not turned your

back on your daughters, your arms are opened wide

all they have to do is come to you

LUV WUZ

• flipper
    flipper

Thanks for all the great comments.

SIZEMIK- I'm so glad you got your old authentic personality back ! Good for you. You are a great person and I totally enjoy your personality. Indeed- Self interest and control is what the WT society is all about. Very heartless towards individual needs of JW's . What's important to them is the WT organization first and people not at all.

NUGGET- I too feel the WT society is corrupting and infiltrating family loyalties to destroy and break families down totally. If the WT society can conquer and divide it's easier for them to control people. In a normal life family helps us stay grounded. But the WT society sees family ties as a threat to their power and control over people.

3RDGEN- It was great talking with you and your husband as well ! Look forward to meeting you both sometime soon. The article on spousal abuse about Selma's experience was horrific. It shows how the WT society devalues women and supports spousal abuse. You make a great point about the WT society wanting Witnesses money so naturally they devalue people's health as well - the sooner JW's die - the sooner the WTS can get their hands on their money. I'm so sorry the WTS did that to your family and your mom. It;s disgusting. And immoral. WT society has NO conscience whatsoever.

LONE WOLF- Your post didn't come through. It's blank. Perhaps you might post your thoughts again please ? thanks

• Scully
    Scully

Sorry LoneWolf, I had to delete your post as it was showing up blank in IE (although it was visible in Chrome and Firefox) and people were not able to read further in the thread.

Here is the text of your reply:

Hi, Flip!

I wholeheartedly agree too.

You know what I'd like to see? I'd like to see a separate website set up specifically for the Watchtower publications, but done in a way that minimizes or eliminates our opinions, because our opinions are what scares the ones still in the most. They won’t listen to them.

Instead, take each article and dissect it, quoting a certain part as you did above, then contrasting it with something else. For instance, quote their words about not knowing the day or the hour and contrast that with their “knowing” it is soon. Simply ask which it is. At most, ask why God wouldn’t want them to know the day or the hour, for if the reason is to catch people as they really are instead of the false front they put on when trying to impress someone, wouldn’t the Society’s efforts tend to counteract Jehovah’s reason for arranging things that way?

In regard to the part about their minimizing family values to being secondary, contrast that with a scripture or two and then ask how one can accomplish both at the same time.

About the husbands finding work, contrast that with the scripture that states that the man who doesn’t provide for his family is worse than an infidel. Ask how this is to be understood, especially in a down economy like we have now.

Contrast things between the public and study issues, and ask why we need to keep things secret from the public.

Don’t give any answers to these questions. Let them hang in the air.

LoneWolf

• flipper
    flipper

Thank you SCULLY for re-posting Lone Wolf's post ! Really appreciate it ! And for fixing the technical problem. Thanks again.

LONE WOLF- I really like your ideas ! Really great thoughts on how to approach the WT society's information in order to inform JW's. That's a good method you have in asking the questions and leaving them hanging in the air without answers. I like it. And your idea of dissecting the information and showing how the WT society contradicts itself in putting across opposing thoughts which don't make sense is a good idea

• 00DAD
    00DAD

LONEWOLF: You know what I'd like to see? I'd like to see a separate website set up specifically for the Watchtower publications, but done in a way that minimizes or eliminates our opinions ... Instead, take each article and dissect it, quoting a certain part as you did above, then contrasting it with something else.

Here are a couple of Websites that pretty much do that:

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Seems that, at any given time, field circus is the most important thing. That is, for the witlesses.

Field circus comes before health. Thus, if you are doing so much field circus that your health is endangered or you are doing things in the name of field circus that are threatening your health, you are supposed to continue doing it instead of cutting back.

Field circus comes before family. Thus, if you spend almost no time with family to the point where "marriage" becomes stagnant, you are not supposed to cut back on field circus so you are more balanced.

Field circus comes before money. If you have a job where you work enough to put food on the table, you need to cut back so you have more time for field circus. Never mind if the bills don't get paid. Field circus is more important.

And, if you have to miss a boasting session because of such a miniscule thing as paying your bills, you should simply do without. Live on the damn streets, suffer with sickness because you are not taking care of yourself, go hungry, and be miserable--just don't miss boasting sessions or do less than the theoretical maximum field circus you can. After all, such a little thing as unbearable pain shouldn't stop you--Jehovah doesn't suffer if you have to put yourself through more than you can bear just to get that extra door or person into the cancer.

• flipper
    flipper

X-ELDER- Actually Russell, Rutherford, Knorr, Freddie, and Ted can all sit on their thumbs and rotate for all I care - if they ARE sitting on God's right hand. Personally - I think they are just decomposing and becoming worm food between you and me.

ROOM 215- The WT society really do themselves a disservice by overworking Bethel workers. They are too tired to go to meetings anyway.

WASBLIND- Thanks for the kind words, I really appreciate it. I know that my JW daughters realize I will be here for them if they ever leave the cult. They know my love is unconditional. Like yourself- my heart goes out to all of us JWNers who are being shunned by their children, or any family members. We just have to keep hope that someday something will change in our kids. I'm glad you and your daughter escaped WAS ! I know you are relieved also. Hugs back to you.

00DAD- Good point. Thanks for posting the links to those 2 great websites which really help people think clearly.

WT WIZARD- I think you hit the nail on the head about how much the WT society wants JW's to go out in field service. WT society doesn't care if your marriage is falling apart , your health is bad, you limp on one leg, or if you've had an amputation of your private parts - you better damn well get your time in each month. Very well put- WT Wizard

• flipper
    flipper

BTTT, any comments appreciated

• ziddina
  • flipper
    flipper

ZIDDINA- Thanks for the bump. Been off the board a few days. Been busy. Thanks, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit