Kingdom Hall Libraries just for beating kids.....isn't this Child abuse?

by Witness 007 13 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Judicial Committee
    Judicial Committee

Throughout my young childhood, the hearing of children being hurried down the isle being spanked and then spanked some more in the restroom, always caused my stomach to be in knots while setting there doing nothing but circling the word “God” and “Jehovah” in old Witness magazines or books. Somehow even at six or seven I knew it was all poppycock.

• Listener
    Listener

You lock an animal in a cage, occassionaly beating it into submission and several things can happen. The animal becomes so submissive that it relies on the person feeding it and never learns how to feed or fend for itself. It lashes out at the trainer. It breaks free.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

when my wife was pregnant, 80% congradulated us.

these 2-3 life pioneers (mateless), said: "why would anyone want to have children in this world"

it hurt!

and it took alot of self-restraint!

• trueblue
    trueblue

I was just trying to think it's not just physical abuse but also mental abuse. I remember this old man told me he would leave messages around his house for his boy to see that said stuff like "flee from the devil and he will leave you alone", and I was thinking "well no wonder his boy is not interested"

I don't know maybe it just me but I don't like people telling me anything, I feel like they think I am stupid.

If I want to know something, I will figure it out. If I want to go to the meetings, I know where the KH is and I will go if I want...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit