unbelievable

by truthseeker1969 20 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseeker1969
    truthseeker1969

It gets funnier.

I go out into town with the wife and oldest son and we here ' hi there strangers' and lo and behold and elder from my youth spots us

thankfully he was not in hunting mode and was pleasant and asked us how we are and mentioned how my oldest had turned out to be such a tall handsome young man....not so much as a "do you believe' or "how could you have" it was all 'good to see you material" which I am sure will get back to the elders

I have written the following for the leaving letter;

Dear Brothers:

As you are aware I agreed to meet with you on the 20th January and am still able and willing to do so.

I truly have nothing to say to you regarding anything that has happened in the past of which you as a body of elders have to assume responsibility for. There was never any malice on my part and never any intention to point you as a body or as individuals as being incapable of carrying out your God given responsibility to convene a man made arrangement to judge others.

Simply put, it was your drive to throw people out of the congregation that hurt you not me. From what I hear those who accused me of being homosexual based on seeing me going into or rather frequenting a 'gay bar" which you subsequently were told was actually closed and I was renovating, had nothing done to them. Infact, they are no longer part of the congregation, do you go after them the same way you go after innocent people?

I hold no grudge against you, why should I? You have shown that going outwith the scriptures, brings nothing but heartache and drama for those who live within them.

I have loved and will always love those who are part of the congregation, a love that has become more full since I am able to look from the outside in from glasses not tainted with 'what we are told they should be" but ones that are 'clear" and able to see the realities of what is.

If you would like to meet with me you can contact me by email which will be given by my family.

This is not a letter of disassociation but I am sure someone somewhere will interpret it as such, they will answer not I.

I wish you well and hope that in time, you can forgive yourselves for the situation you created.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit