Febuary 21 2012 We could make a difference,if we want to. A World Wide Campaign sending letters to Govt. officials,newspapers, to Victoria Australia

by smiddy 92 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

@ smiddy, I wrote the http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/211893/1/Youe28099ve-Got-Mail-TM thread about writing anonymous emails about a year ago. My idea was simply to let JWs, exJWs, who still believed that the WTBTS had the truth, and converts know that they were loved and to peak their curiosity to visit websites such as JWN and jwfacts. As far as sending CoC to JWs, every person should decided to do that on a case by case bases. Some JWs will never be out of cult-mode, but for those JWs, who are tired of the WTBTS doctrines then sending CoC to them may be the right thing to do. Also, I prefer to target JWs who live in G20 countries because that is where the WTBTS is more likely to obtain more significant donations instead of poorer countries.

@ Roski, I will do some research this weekend to send an email to Kate Langbroek. I can definately use the links to the Langbroek family story and Steven Unthank's www.jwnews.net as leverage.

Thanks to both of you for inspiration and information.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• smiddy
    smiddy

BTTT

• sf
    sf

mission accomplished! the matter has been raised in their awarness = 100% success. Thats as simple as it needs to get.

• Azazel
    Azazel

Well folks i posted a letter to all sitting members of the Victorian Parliment last week ( 128 in total ). The first replies have started arriving.

Christine Fyffe MP- The Deputy speaker thanked me for my letter and had forwarded it to the Victorian Attorney General for review. (Ok respose )

Phillip Davis MP - Thanked me for my letter and raising my concerns with him.

He stated that he was unaware of this test of the child safety law and will be interested in the outcome of the court proceedings.

So that is all i hoped for my letters to achieve. Just to raise their awarness that the Law is being tested in court this month and the involvement of the WTS of Australia.Will see if others reply.

HappyAz

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Good stuff, Az!

• Azazel
    Azazel

Thanks BP it was all i wanted. I know they cannot get involved in the case( i woudnt want them too) but the fact that they are aware that the WTS has allegedly breached the law in Victoria.

For the current and past victims of sexual abuse within the congregations please know this was the best i could do from here.

Az

• sizemik
    sizemik

Excellent thread.

Some great posts here . . . and some good sensible things being accomplished by good sensible people.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Thats excellent Az ,well done

smiddy

• Azazel
    Azazel

Two more responses today.

Donna Petrovich MP - appreciated me raising the subject with her and will follow it.

Colin Brooks MP- thanked me for raising the subject of this test of Working with Children Act 2005. He has written a letter of concern to both the Victorian Attorney General and the Minister for Children and forwarded my letter to both.

So far so good hopefully all members of the Victorian Parliment will know of the Court case testing a good child protection law. Negative publicity for the WTS im not sure? But it doesnt really matter, its just important that they cant just try and sneak it. I trust that Steven has thought well ahead and has a publicity strategy ready to go once the case gets to court.

In Sydney there is an Exclusive Bretherin Convention which of course is out of bounds for any none Bretherins. A Current Affairs tv program tried to interview some of them with no success.My view Who Cares! anyway Senator Nick Xenophon was interviewed and stated such a high control religion should not be receiving tax payer subsidies as they do not allow free choice for the children in regards to religion. Hope Nick takes an interest in the court case of JWs. He is aware of it.It would be great if he forms a Senate investigation into JW and child protection issues.

I will post replies as i get them.

Az

• sizemik
    sizemik

Nice responses Az . . . it's gratifying to see most respondents appear to be taking it seriously.

Great work . . . well done to you and Robert and the folks here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit