Watchtower doctrines failed or discredited in the past 20 years -

by james_woods 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• designs
    designs

Good list James. Ray Franz and Ed Dunlap tried to help right the ship in the beginning of their independent research but got thrown under the bus for their troubles.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    Good list James. Ray Franz and Ed Dunlap tried to help right the ship in the beginning of their independent research but got thrown under the bus for their troubles.

Thanks, designs. I did not know Ray that well but Ed was truly a reformer. Finally (it was about 5 years and I knew him all the time -) he realized that reform is impossible with a mindset like this bunch of Nazis.

• smiddy
    smiddy

The 6000 years from Adams creation ending in 1975 was a revision of an earlier rendering occurering in the late 1880`s by the IBSA

smiddy

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

The WTS. is and always was a calculating conniving fraud, set up to attract attention to its published works as well as to exploit people's weaknesses.

Its within that premise lays the reason why the WTS. doctrines fail and will continue to fail into the future.

You can malign the Truth, twist and manipulate it but eventualy the real Truth will come through.

20 years from this acknowledgment will still be a relevant fact.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

They're still waffling on about Armageddon(TM) will be SOON

WT 15 March 2012 pg 19 para 21

21 We know what will soon overtake this wicked system of things—“the day of judgment and of destruction of the ungodly men.” (2 Pet. 3:7) Our knowledge of God’s Word moves us to declare zealously the coming great tribulation and the new world to follow. We continue to feel a keen sense of urgency to bring real hope to people. By engaging in this urgent work to the full, we show true love for God and fellow man.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Undercover -

I knew from my own research that Christ is not MY mediator.

That I am not a Christian in their legalistic definition is SHOCKING.

I no longer have the CD as I threw it out in a fit of despair - can you give references. My mother has the old bound volumes, and I can prolly find the quotes on the net. If you have them handy.... it saves an evening for something else....

HB

• sd-7
    sd-7

Well, considering that 'other sheep' are not part of the body of Christ, not God's children, do not partake of the body and blood of Christ at the Lord's evening meal, and are not in the new covenant, I mean, how many quotes do you need, HB?

I think the one that stands out for me is the removal of the 1935 date as the end date of the calling of the anointed. It was a lovely setup for the 'overlapping generation' doctrine, and vital to cover for 'anointed' GB members who weren't even born in 1935. Putting the two concepts together, it's almost hard to imagine not being just a little dismayed if I gave it too much thought, because it's such a political maneuver that it's painfully obvious. Probably better I got out when I did.

--sd-7

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hello there Hamsterbait

check out JWFACTS, I'm sure you can find what your lookin' for there

• wasblind
    wasblind

double post

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

drones keep on nodding their heads at any command from the grand poobas

Share this