100 Pages of Dreams I've Recorded in the Last Year ! Some about JW's.......

by flipper 11 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

........... I'll share a couple of the most vivid JW dreams. I've been getting more and more into my psychic true self by writing these dreams down and then figuring out what they may mean. You may find these interesting or you may not . Would enjoy hearing your comments about them later. Also - If you have had any significant JW dreams or disturbing WT dreams please feel free to share them here !

1st Dream 2/26/11

I'm dreaming that I'm going undercover as a spy to observe the congregation I was raised in as a child to expose injustice going on . I'm going out in service and as I pull into the parking lot I ask a " brother " there what the big sand dunes are in the field around the kingdom hall are with people doing construction out in the field. It looks like bricks being laid out for huge buildings. He says, " They are building a huge prison to put any JW's in there who don't cooperate or talk against the Governing body ! " I said, " You've GOT to be kidding me ! " He said, " I'm serious. "

So I go inside the Kingdom hall before meeting for service and check out the information board to see if I recognized anyone from when I was young. I just saw 1 name I recognized. So I take my seat getting ready for the elder to conduct meeting for service. He looks at the coat I'm wearing ( it's a sportscoat ) and tells me " you can't wear that coat out in service. " I asked, " What's wrong with my coat ? " He poked at me and said, " it's not formal enough ". Then he tried pulling on my coat to forcibly take it off of me ! I shoved his hand and arm away saying, " Don't touch me ! " He looks at me and asks, " Who are you anyway ? Where do you come from ? " I said, " I'm just visiting from another congregation. " He said, " Well, I need your publishers record card to identify you to make sure you ARE who you really say you are ! " I told him, " No ! I don't HAVE to give you my publishers record card if I'm just visiting ! " The elder gets mad and said, " O.K. Then you'll just have to leave, we can't have you join us in field service if I don't know who you are. "

So - In front of the 30 people attending meeting for service I stood up and firmly told the elder for all to hear, " YOU are asking me to LEAVE ? WHAT did I do wrong other than wear a coat you didn't like ? " Then I turned to the Witnesses sitting there and said, " Do you see what a powermonger and control freak this elder is ? He's a hypocrite trying to control me ! And he'll control all of you as well if you don't escape ! " The elder said, " Get OUT of our Kingdom hall and don't come back ! " I said, " O.K. I'll leave. But I feel very sorry for these people who have to put up with you controlling them . "

So I went out to my car and decided that instead of driving out the driveway - I'd drive through the grass and flower garden and peeled out through it leaving tire tracks as I drove out to the road ! Then I woke up from the dream. Freaking awesome dream.

2nd Dream - 4/28/11 This dream made me and my inactive son cry. See if you find the meaning .

I'm sitting in a restaurant by myself at first. Then a JW lady I knew from when I was younger is sitting in the next booth to me. As I try to greet her she screams at me, " I can't talk to you ! You're DFed ! Don't even start to talk to me ! " I tell her that I'm NOT Dfed and that she probably heard that from my ex-wife ! Then her helder husband comes in ( and he was a cool guy ) and tells me, " Don't listen to that old bat ! She's bitter about everything. I'm glad to see you and hope things are going well for you. "

Then I go to use the restroom, and when I come back to my table - a whole family I don't even know is sitting at my table ! I ask if I can sit with them - they say " sure " but I feel lonely and empty as I miss my real jW daughters as I try to join the conversation.

Next after leaving the restaurant I go searching for my 26 yr.old inactive son and 2 adult JW daughters. I find all 3 of them as they are trying to cross a busy freeway and finally cross it safely. My son goes back to the house to stay with Mrs. Flipper and my daughters reappear to me at a river as young girls about 8 to 10 yrs.old. My youngest JW daughter ( the aggressive one ) is standing by on the shore watching as my oldest daughter ( the more mellow one ) is struggling underneath the water on the bottom of the river almost drowning !

I jump in the river and swoop my arms underneath my daughter and raise her up out of the water ! She cries but is grateful to be saved out of the water ! My JW ex-Wife appears and tries to take my oldest daughter away from me - but I hold onto her and cradle her in my arms ! Then my youngest daughter gives me a hug for saving her sister.

Then I go back to my house where Mrs. Flipper and my inactive son are. My son is sitting there in a chair playing guitar and reading and says, " Hi ! Dad . " I give him a hug and tell him about how I saved his sisters and he said, " That's GREAT dad ! It makes me so happy ! " I said, " I love you son. I'm so glad you're doing O.K. ! I was worried when you separated from me and the girls . " He said, " I love you too Dad ! Everything is going to be O.K. " Then I woke up from the dream. So see what you think THIS dream meant too ! I look forward to your answers !

I have realized that dreams ARE important. It's a part of our subconscious self trying to communicate with our conscience self. Even though we are asleep- the dreams ARE in our mind just waiting to share themselves so we can reassimilate any meanings we can use in conscience life. By logging 100 pages of dreams this last year- I feel it's helped me to become more sane, intuitive, and follow my instincts more in decision making. I trust my inner self and mind much more now than I ever did as a JW which I left 8 years ago. So I eagerly look forward to any dreams you'd like to share that you've had ! Lets share some dreams, and share some meanings and possible explanations as well. I look forward to your takes on my dreams and also hearing your dreams as well ! Let's share ! Love and peace and happiness to all of you here right now and in the next year ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• flipper
    flipper

I know at times I can be a dull, boring guy perhaps, but Jesus - I guess my dreams are REALLY boring ! LOL ! 81 people looked at these dreams and either decided that I was either out of my mind, drunk, or stoned I guess.

Been working for a couple days straight . First time checking back on this. Hey everybody ! I'd really enjoy hearing about any dreams you have had about exiting the Witnesses or any other dreams, O.K. ? It's nice to share this time of year ! Take care, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

No, your dreams are interesting! Didn't even see this post until now.

Since my awakening, I no longer have "apocalyptic" dreams where I wake up in a panic like I used to. I have had a few dreams where I "out" myself to friends and family, though.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

I'm having lots of JW related dreams at the moment too Flipp. I think it's our heads trying to make sense of stuff we can't process logically.

• cantleave
    cantleave

I dream of trains entering tunnels and sausage rolls...............

• Listener
    Listener

I agree with you about dreams. I find they can help us to focus on what is important to us and when we delve deeper we can discover why something is important to us, we learn more about ourselves, which I find is not an easy thing to do otherwise.

The second dream you shared seems pretty obvious but the most striking part to me is your younger daughter watching her older sister drown. She is the first one there to see this and does nothing. The big question is why? Is she 'shell shocked', or stunned by being face to face with a catstophe? Is she afraid that if she tries to save her that she will also drown? Does she feel incapable of saving her? Whatever the reason, there is something in her nature that that is very lacking because it is as a young girl that you see her. It is an easy thing for you to save your older daughter, it is a simple physical act and you are there for her and see it (but to teach your younger daughter how to react in an emergency is not so obvious or easy).

The good thing is that your younger daughter knows and is happy that you were there to save her sister. Prior to this you had just seen your three kids together as they made there way across a dangerous road but they were older and you can feel confident that they are there for each other.

You didn't scold your younger daughter for her inaction, it may be you expected it. You were there to save your daughter anyway. But why the flashback after just seeing them helping each other cross the road? Possibly a reminder that your younger daughter does not know what to do in a real emergency and an indication that you have quite some work ahead of you in helping her to take control when it is vital.

• lifestooshort
    lifestooshort

I dreamed I was asking my dad(an elder) if he ever had any doubts and he said he woke up years ago when I was at bethel. He woke up due to the fact that GB's had all owned homes. In my drream I was so happy because it meant I had my dad back and he would stop shunning me. Then I woke up to reality and I went from sheer joy to profound sadness. I summoned the strength needed to start my day. As a side point I find that when I am tired and sleep deprived I dont have the energy to stay positive and come to tears when I think about my family. I will have to change the radio station or turn it off if I am at work or I will weep right then and there. But most of the time I am OK.

• flipper
    flipper

Thanks for your replies ! Been busy working and had out of town company . Really enjoyed your takes & comments .

BREAKFAST OF CHAMPIONS- That's really great that you don't have " apocalyptic " dreams anymore which caused you to panic. At least your dreams now have you exiting the JW cult and getting out of it.

MICKEY MOUSE- I'm glad I'm not the only one having these dreams. I agree with you- I think it is our subconscious mind trying to make sense of having been in the JW cult.

CANTLEAVE- You dream of trains entering tunnels and sausage rolls ? Interesting. I like the sausage roll part. Yummy !

LISTENER- I agree, I think dreams help us to delve deeper into our psyche and see what is happening within us. Your assessment of my dream is a good one I believe. I feel you are hitting the nail on the head in seeing my younger daughter as a person who is self absorbed and not willing to help her older sister in dire need. It's basically been true in real life as well. And as you stated, I feel I've always known this - it's why I try harder to reach my older JW daughter than my younger one due to the lack of natural empathy which seems non-existent in my younger daughter. I may have a lot more work ahead of me in time to get the cult personality out of my younger daughter. Thanks for your takes on this. It certainly gives me something to think about.

LIFESTOOSHORT- That's a sad thing when we wake up from a hopeful, pleasant dream, yet find out it's not true. That's happened to me too. I'm sorry it happened to you. I read a book on dreams and it stated sometimes we dream about unfinished situations in our lives that we wish might happen or be different in a positive way. That may be what your dream meant. You wished your dad would be different and exit the cult and not shun you - yet reality comes and slaps us in the face. Been there, done that myself. Please know that I care and am here for you if you ever want to talk. We all need friends and an outlet from time to time

• flipper
    flipper

BTTT, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

Hey Flipper!!! I've had those dreams too!!! I think just trying to make sence of the strange thoughts in our subconscious. It's been a while can't remember my last JW dream but they always leave me a bit baffled.

ummm last one I can think of and already posted here was during Holloween and I was all dress up in my angle costume and went to the convention in it and everyone turned around at me....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit