1980s Music Lives On in my Heart.

by Azazel 46 Replies latest social entertainment

• Azazel
    Azazel

Greetings to all this is my new thread dedicated to that most entertaining of decades the 1980s!

What i propose is to post youtube links to a favourite song and give a brief description and maybe why i liked it.

Please feel free to comment and add your own video clips.

I missed out on all the glam of the 80s rock videos as it was considered too worldly to watch for a good JW teenager.

All genres are good but my particular favourite style was the New Romantiscism artists.

To start this thread off the first video was made in 1979 ( blown it already i hear you say)No this song set the theme of what was to come in the next decade.

"Video Killed the Radio star"- The Buggles 1979

First video screened on US MTV

Az

• Azazel
    Azazel

My next was a song that was played to death way back when but i thought they seemed pretty cool.

This was originally a classic Irving Berlin song in 1929 that got a nice rework in 1983- enjoy.

"Putting on the Ritz"- Taco 1983

Pretty sharp dressing.

Az

• Azazel
    Azazel

I remember laying in my room with my walkman(sanyo type - coudnt afford a Sony) on listening to this song on the top 40 countdown.

Spoke to a young teen that the worlds out there for you. Let that door be shut to me then.

"Radio Ga Ga"- Queen 1984

Love that track, just so sad he died.

Az

• Azazel
    Azazel

Now to introduce Ya'll to the wonders of Australian and New Zealand 80's bands.

Classic oh how so classic!

"Change in Mood"- Kids in the Kitchen 1983

How goods the synths?

Az

• Azazel
    Azazel

I had a crush on here .......sigh Tina Cross

Sydney band.

"Too young for Promises"-Koo Deh Tah 1983

Az

• Azazel
    Azazel

Another Sydney rock band. My brother is soo going to know this is me if he reads this. I used to have drum lessons Warren McLean the drummer from this band .Yeah yeah Goats can keep a steady beat.

"No Say In It"- The Machinations 1985

He was pretty cool and let us play his Commodore 64 after lessons.

Az

• Azazel
    Azazel

I remember this song cause my girl ( a sister- we were only 15 ) cheated on me. Saw her on facebook ugh lucky me!

Australian legend band.

Dave Faulkner is the lead dude and still is.

"My Girl"- The Hoodoo Gurus 1983

Az

• Azazel
    Azazel

Next was a "created" band for an ABC TV show called Sweet and Sour. Tracy Mann was a bit of alright for the time, but watching this she reminds me of Pauline Hanson?

"Sweet and Sour"- The Takeaways 1984

Pauline Hanson

Asked what her view was on euthenasia was she said "they can stay were they bloddy well are!" lol

Shes Gold!

Az

• Azazel
    Azazel

Iconic sound of Australia in the 80's.

"Heaven Must be There"- The Eurogliders 1984

ohh Grace Knight.

Az

• Azazel
    Azazel

NOW THIS SHOULD BECOME THE NATIONAL ANTHEM OF AUSTRALIA - IT SAYS IT ALL. just my thought

"Sounds of then(This is Australia)"- Gang Gajang 1985

Anyone from or in Queensland soo knows what this song is about!

Az

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit