Celebrating my Bday for the first time ever. The big 2-1

by stillstuckcruz 19 Replies latest jw friends

• stillstuckcruz
    stillstuckcruz

So I've been in the BORG for 20 years. And in two months I hit 21. I am technically still in and my parents don't know about me yet. So I plan on celebrating my Bday with just a few friends from high school. I don't plan on getting drunk or anything. Just one drink would be nice. All my friends know of my current situation even if they don't understand it. For them, bday's are second nature. I will feel all awkward and stupid. Still...it will be nice to do for a change.

How did you feel upon celebrating your first birthday?

• wasblind
    wasblind

Well Happy B-Day !!!!

I have a daughter your age, I'm gonna give some motherly advice

on the drinkin' don't let no one pressure you to do anything you

don't feel comfortable with, and just becuse someone hands you

a drink you are not obligated to drink it especially if it's allready opened

and you can always give the appearance of consuming your drink by

poring it down the bathroom sink, always stay in your right mind when out

partying with friends oh I forgot once you put down a drink even if it's a soda

leave it

Have fun :))

• stillstuckcruz
    stillstuckcruz

Haha thanx for the advice wasblind. I have, since middle school, always vowed never to be a drinker or smoker. I've gotten pretty darn good at resisting pressure. Thankfully, the friends I hang out with do neither. So I think I'm in good hands but will always be on my guard. :)

• designs
    designs

great fun, celebrating my grandson's birthdays (he just turned 3) is the best.

• mouthy
    mouthy

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU Sang in my croaky old voice

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

My B-day was in September--along with two other ex-JW friend's B-days so we got together to celebrate at dinner. It was really ni ce. They were old hats, but it was my first in 20 years.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

My 21st was my first Birthday. We had a ball. It was more like a Birthweekend.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!

• clarity
    clarity

Never had one yet myself .... but looking forward to it!

Isn't it the most ridiculous thing that ....

here we are, fully grown people, live in a free society, have our own money & hold down a responsible and respectable job and run our own home ..............

and yet ....we still look over our shoulder and feel guilty by having a party! Or by attending a concert held in a church or decorating our homes or buying presents or toasting the good health of our friends .....!

Why do we do that?

Because one old drunken con man in Brooklyn NY said so!!!

>

So Stillstuckcruz a very happy birthday to you .... so glad you're celebrating it because ......if not NOW..............when?

clarity

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

My dad (never a JW) sent me a birthday gift after I told him I was coming out. It was a sweater. Man, it could have been a rock or a brick or anything. Just getting my birthday back was awesome.

Back in the military, we joked about how our civil rights were sort of taken away and we were to just obey orders. When our commanding officers didn't like our attitude while obeying those orders, our private joke was "What are they going to do, take away our birthdays?"

I wound up in a group that does just that- takes away our birthdays. What a tragedy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit