Former Vice President Cheney Says He’s Worried About Stability In Iraq After US forces Leave

by Bangalore 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Bangalore
  • designs
    designs

'We will have peace with the Arabs when they love their children more than they hate us' Golda Meir

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Former Vice President Cheney Says He’s Worried About Stability In Iraq After US forces Leave.

I think it's fair to say that we all are.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Cheney would invade Iraq, again, knowing what we now know, if he could go back in time.

This pretty much invalidates his opinions, IMHO.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Why doesn't he go back and hold the line himself.

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

I'm worried about instabilty in Iraq, instability if Iran gets the bomb, tension on the India/Pakistan border, conflict in Israel, religious conflict in Nigeria, oppression of women in Saudi, the crushing of the Syrian uprising etc etc etc.

I don't expect the US to sort it all out.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Well, heck (peace to you, dear Bang!), I would probaby be worried TOO... if I had as much money coming to ME from my "investments" in Iraq ... as Mr. Cheney does. Wouldn't you? Somebody correct me if I'm wrong... but shouldn't the Iraqi people WANT the US out (if it doesn't)... so that it can begin handling it's OWN business? If they're not "ready" to do so now... will they EVER be? True, they might need another Sadam Hussein-type at the helm (although, one not so ready to kill his own, but that's apparently part of the culture in that region... and until you change THAT...) to ward off Iran.

Personally, I think folks are fooling themselves: whether the US stays or goes... Iran is gunning for Israel. And I have no doubt that it will go through Iraq... the US... England... and perhaps even Russia... to do it. Not know. They're not fully "readly." Maybe within the next, say, 7-10 years, though, as they're getting closer. And not until something REALLY "bad" happens... and I've no doubt that it will... will the whole WORLD take note. Because then, they'll have to. Because it will affect the whole world... and not just certain regions.

But... yeah, Mr. Cheney should be sad. Halliburton should be sad.

Peace... but not necessarily in the way the world gives it (because it's never permanent)!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• AGuest
    AGuest
    instability if Iran gets the bomb

Might be too late, dear Sapphy (peace to you!). Some think they've had "the bomb" (and more recent technology relating to it), for some time. Aparently, it's not just about the bomb, though; it's about the stability, predicability... and precision... of the bomb. Their latest "capture" is only going to help them get closer to their goal in these areas, though, isn't it? Perhaps "fallout" is coming. Sooner... or later...

Again, peace... and I do mean the kind my Lord gives.

A slave of Christ,

SA

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

The sad thing is that IRAQ wasn't a country within itself, just a border that Britain drew in the last century. So now u have people that don't necessarily get along, lumped together in one mass. I think those areas should be allowed to break into smaller countries as they existed before.

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

The sad thing is that IRAQ wasn't a country within itself, just a border that Britain drew in the last century

Yep. As was the Indian-Pakistan border, and the Afghanistan-Pakistan border, parts of Africa, Yugoslavia, etc., and all those borders have been the scene of on-going violence as a result of Western arrogance in thinking that it can simply draw a line on a map and wipe away centuries of history.

As far as Cheney fearing destabilization...it would have been nice if he had paid attention to the incredibly detailed, well-written and thought-out State Department report submitted to him prior to the invasion in which it predicted this very situation. Unfortunately, Mr. Cheney has a long hatred and distrust of the State Department, and he (and the rest of the Neocons) discounted everything it predicted.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit