STEP RIGHT UP Hurry Hurry Hurry We've got the cure for what ails you!

by Terry 46 Replies latest watchtower bible

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Personally, I don't think half the JW members would REMAIN if the Doomsday aspect were suddenly relaxed!

Yes totally agree with that Terry, the WTS. has really pushed this aspect of fear to their own disingenuous benefiting support

and not only to attract attention toward it literature as it gets spread about publicly.

Get into the Ark soon for the doors are about to be closed shut for anyone outside will duly perish.

Its fear mongering on a grand scale.

Because of this most JWS are scared shitless to be in direct submission to the WTS. and all of its curtailing controls and directions.

Fear goes a long way in the JW organization. The Real fuel that drives the Watchtower engine.

• Terry
    Terry

Back in the 60's when I was voluntarily attending the Kingdom Hall there was a pleasant social aspect to being a JW. You had parties, picnics, get-togethers and such. All that went away. On command.

I can't imagine it would be anything but "mind your P's and Q's" when you are around others lest they INFORM on you to the Gestapo.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Back in the 60's when I was voluntarily attending the Kingdom Hall there was a pleasant social aspect to being a JW.

I think this is true also, my impressions is that yes JWS back in the 60's. 70's were quite alot more social, within each congregations.

I think they've nixed that now, I haven't heard such a thing for awhile.

The old book studies were once a sort of social event where people would have coffee afterward, they've nixed that too now.

Retrospectively the 60's were the progressive growing days for the WTS/JWS. 1975 added much to that enthusiasm.

I get the impression now days its more about being watched and who is watching whom.

• Terry
    Terry

I think there is a Tsunami effect when the Society predicts falsely and it does not happen.

First, everybody is stunned and waits for official "explanation". Naturally, the Watchtower waits it out and tries to pretend

nothing is wrong.

Eventually, the phone calls and complaints start arriving like a wave on the shores of Bethel Headquarters.

Tepid semi-damage control responses pop up with strong admonition to keep busy (and shut up.)

Anger and resentment set in at the local level and the Big Boys have to start cracking heads.

The backlash from the 1975 debacle ended with Ray Franz disfellowshipping and the squeeze against Apostates is ever worse because

of the advent of the Internet and thousands of actual scans of OLD LITERATURE which proves the lies aren't being made up.

• Terry
    Terry

I think there is a Tsunami effect when the Society predicts falsely and it does not happen.

First, everybody is stunned and waits for official "explanation". Naturally, the Watchtower waits it out and tries to pretend

nothing is wrong.

Eventually, the phone calls and complaints start arriving like a wave on the shores of Bethel Headquarters.

Tepid semi-damage control responses pop up with strong admonition to keep busy (and shut up.)

Anger and resentment set in at the local level and the Big Boys have to start cracking heads.

The backlash from the 1975 debacle ended with Ray Franz disfellowshipping and the squeeze against Apostates is ever worse because

of the advent of the Internet and thousands of actual scans of OLD LITERATURE which proves the lies aren't being made up.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

For what it's worth I thought it was a good point Terry

• Terry
    Terry

For what it's worth I thought it was a good point Terry

Well, golly, ma'am, thanks

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit