Jesus Christ was INVENTED?

by sizemik 102 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I have Arthur Weigall's, The Paganism in Our Christianity, if you want to borrow it, Sizemik

• designs
    designs

An older Jewish neighbor who immigrated from Russia would refer to Jesus as the- Itinerant Jewish Rabbi.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    There were 16 mythical crucifixions before Christ. The belief in the crucifixion of Gods was prevalent in various oriental or heathen countries long prior to the reported crucifixion of Christ. Of the 16 crucifixions, most were born of a virgin and about half of them on December 25th.

BS.

At the end of that time, Constantine returned to the gathering to discover that the presbyters had not agreed on a new deity but had balloted down to a shortlist of five prospects: 1. Caesar 2. Krishna 3. Mithra 4. Horus 5. Zeus (Historia Ecclesiastica, Eusebius, c. 325). Constantine was the ruling spirit at Nicaea and he ultimately decided upon a new god for them. To involve British factions, he ruled that the name of the great Druid god, Hesus, be joined with the Eastern Savior-god, Krishna (Krishna is Sanskrit for Christ), and thus Hesus Krishna would be the official name of the new Roman god. A vote was taken and it was with a majority show of hands (161 votes to 157) that both divinities became one God. Following longstanding heathen custom, Constantine used the official gathering and the Roman apotheosis decree to legally deify two deities as one, and did so by democratic consent. A new god was proclaimed and "officially" ratified by Constantine (Acta Concilii Nicaeni, 1618). That purely political act of deification effectively and legally placed Hesus and Krishna among the Roman gods as one individual composite. That abstraction lent Earthly existence to amalgamated doctrines for the Empire's new religion; and because there was no letter "J" in alphabets until around the ninth century, the name subsequently evolved into "Jesus Christ"

A grotesquely huge pile of steaming BS.

(God's Book of Eskra, Prof. S. L. MacGuire's translation, Salisbury, 1922, chapter xlviii, paragraphs 36, 41).

A BS source that doesn't seem to exist.

• Black Sheep
  • sizemik
    sizemik
    A grotesquely huge pile of steaming BS.

Thanks for that Leolaia. The JC name thing seemed a pretty big departure . . . and a bit fanciful. No surprises it's a crock of shit. Apparently the book of Eskra does have a source however . . .

Oahspe: A New Bible is a book published in 1882, purporting to contain "new revelations" from "...the Embassadors of the angel hosts of heaven prepared and revealed unto man in the name of Jehovih..." It was written by an American dentist, John Ballou Newbrough (1828–1891),
    A New Bible in the Words of Jehovih and His Angel Ambassadors. A Sacred History of the Dominions of the Higher and Lower Heavens on the Earth for the Past Twenty-Four Thousand Years together with a Synopsis of the Cosmogony of the Universe; the Creation of Planets; the Creation of Man; the Unseen Worlds; the Labor and Glory of Gods and Goddesses in the Etherean Heavens; with the New Commandments of Jehovih to Man of the Present Day.

I'm sure the old Bible is far more reliable.

• wobble
    wobble

Thanks Leo, your comments are always informative, and concise, though usually, as you are explaining things to us mere mortals, you are forced to be alittle more expansive than on this occasion. B.S indeed.

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

History is written by the victors. If there is no secular history of "Jesus Christ", it could very well be because information was controlled back then just like it is now. There are many famous figures throughout history for which there is no documented evidence of their existence and yet no one disputes them.

There is indeed documented evidence for a Jewish insurgency leader named Yehoshua Ben Yosef. What happened is quite simple. A secret society of Jewish Zionist Mystics, worshipers of the Demiurge Yahweh, the one responsible for the Old Testament, like the persistent virus that they are, infiltrated the Catholic Church and made sure that Saul of Tarsus' epistles became the basis of their new religion. It was Paul that combined Mithraism with Judaism and invented Christianity. When Constantine needed a historical figure to make into the God-man they needed to keep the masses asleep (never achieving gnosis), he decided on Yehoshua Ben Yosef since Paul had already laid a very nice foundation.

http://armageddonconspiracy.co.uk/The-Divine-Suicide%281862865%29.htm

Odin, the chief of the Viking gods, voluntarily sacrificed himself to himself in order to attain higher wisdom:

"For nine nights, wounded by my own spear, consecrated to Odin, myself consecrated to myself, I remained hanging from the tree shaken by the wind, from the mighty tree whose roots men know not. "
    Odin was one-eyed because he had given the other to Mimir, the wisest of all the Viking gods, who existed only as a head (having been decapitated by his enemies). For the payment of his eye, Odin was granted consultations with Mimir's head, known as the "Father of Wisdom". Self-sacrifice lies at the heart of all strivings to increase knowledge. Those who lack the strength, those who are too cowardly, will always turn away from the harsh lands of self-improvement to the sybaritic palaces of easy pleasures and cheap fun, to all the petty comforts and joys that surround us, tempting us away from the hard and often thankless work that underlies all progress.
    The Vikings anticipated an apocalyptic event called Ragnarok that would bring about the death of the gods. But, afterwards, life would be reborn and new gods would appear. Ragnarok was as much a moment of beautiful rebirth as of Armageddon.In the tale of the Egyptian god Osiris, he is killed, his body dismembered and the pieces scattered. His consort Isis then tracks down the parts and painstakingly reassembles the god. In the Greek tale of Zagreus, the god is also killed and dismembered, but his heart is saved by Zeus and used to give birth to Dionysus.In Christianity, "God" dies and then is resurrected.The idea of the god who dies and comes back to life (sometimes in a radically different form) is a strong feature of many religious traditions.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Three pillars of the theory

New Testament scholar Robert M. Price, who argues it is quite likely there never was an historical Jesus in the sense that the Gospel version is in essence a composite character and therefore unable to be reasonably verified as a single historical person, [ 36 ] writes that the Jesus myth theory is based on three pillars:

• There is no mention of a miracle-working Jesus in secular sources.
    • The Pauline epistles, earlier than the gospels, do not provide evidence of a recent historical Jesus.
    • The story of Jesus shows strong parallels to Middle Eastern religions about dying and rising gods, symbolizing the rebirth of the individual as a rite of passage.

Price writes that Christian apologists have tried to minimize these parallels. [ 37 ] In Deconstructing Jesus, Price argues that, unlike Alexander the Great, Caesar Augustus, Cyrus, and King Arthur, Jesus has no residue that does not fit the myth cycle nor is he intricately woven into the history of the time. Price concludes that "Jesus must be categorized with other legendary founder figures including the Buddha, Krishna, and Lao-tzu. There may have been a real figure there, but there is simply no longer any way of being sure.” [ 38 ]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus_myth_theory

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    Apparently the book of Eskra does have a source however

No, read my link for my discussion of this. I am saying that the source Bushby cites, "God's Book of Eskra, Prof. S. L. MacGuire's translation, Salisbury, 1922" (an absurd English translation of a book originally written in English) doesn't seem to exist.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

If the gospel accounts are taken literally, raising of the dead, turning water into fine wine, (the French would be very interested), all the healings would make secular sources. Sometimes, though, Jesus tells people to tell no one. It is hard to approach Jesus from without Western civilization and the layers of tradition. What thing did strike me when reading the Gnostics is that Jesus' sayings seem consistent with the sayings in the canonical gospels. The kernel of the story often seems the same. The interpretation is very different. I'm assuming that there was a common tradition of Jesus sayings. Q is discounted now compared to when I first learned of it but Q had no passion story. If I were writing about Jesus, my focus would be on the Passion and Resurrection.

I don't think there will be real proof. The Last Temptation of Christ by Katzenzakis had a tremendous impact on me. It remains in my top five books of all time. A pivotal scene is when Jesus is quite the family man living out a mundane life and he overhears Paul preaching about him. He confronts Paul that he did not die on the cross, that God did not require it. Paul responds that it does not matter whether it happened or not, that people needed faith.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit