A Smurfy Tale: Papa Smurf Meets the Jehovah's Witnesses

by Sic Semper Tyrannis 22 Replies latest jw friends

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

This was so great, that I MADE my JW (3rd generation) wife read it!

She knows I come read stuff here, but I can't leave the witlesses

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Love it!

Because of her, to this day I have not seen Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

To be fair, it really pales in comparison to Raiders of the Lost Ark.

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

Papa smurf once gave the number 5 talk in the back school at our hall.

The Ministry School conductor shouted " in the name of Jehoooovah I rebuke you Papa Smurf... you also need to work on gestures and repitition for emphasis ! "

• Jadeen
    Jadeen

Hilarious!

• NoRegrets
    NoRegrets

Very, very funny story!!! I think you were part of the inspiration for some witness urban legends regarding Smurfs! Was this in MN?

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

That might be the coolest story ever told...

• Londo111
    Londo111

People insisted these urban legends were true…they heard it from somebody else who was there. I found it really hard that the Smurfs would be the embodiment of evil. If the demons caused Smurf dolls to dance in the KH, wouldn't that cause those in attendance to redouble their efforts to flee from anything the least bit occult? Wouldn't that drive them to pray more, do more service, more study, ect? I would think it would make a pioneer out of the most adamant unbeliever. Demons, if they exist, would not be that stupid.

BTW--now is a good time as any to recount any urban legends we've heard. It would be good for a laugh and God knows we certainly need it!

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

This reminds me of a tale I have to tell one of this days. I will open a new subject. It's about the dead and the myths surrounding them.

• Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

I never thought about the true origin of the story. To be quite honest, I had never heard any objections to the Smurfs until that awful woman started lecturing my mother about it. It wasn't only Smurfs - it was Cabbage Patch Kids, Barbie Dolls, GI Joe, and just about anything that was popular in the 80's. Her reasoning went that they promoted materialism, idol worship, and worst of all, distracted us in the raising of active Kingdom publishers and pioneers. The shit really hit the fan when the Thriller video came out and a few of us had recorded it on VHS.

It wasn't in MN... It was in CA. Those were the days. Our congregation seemed to always be the one with a powder keg beneath it. Never a dull moment. The elders even marked a few teens for the way they wore their hair - in 80's style perms!

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

That's the funniest thing I've heard in ages SST

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit