Do you work with any Dubs?

by lohengren 14 Replies latest jw friends

• lohengren
    lohengren

I just found out that one of my coworkers is a witness.

It got me thinking about my past jobs. In four out of the last five jobs I've held I have worked with witnesses. It got me pretty paranoid at times because I was a classic "double-lifer". I would put on the "new personality" whenever a fellow witness was around, but otherwise I was a bit of a loose cannon. I was always afraid that one day I would accidently say a curse or one of my worldy coworkers would say something incrimiating about me around a witness.

I realize now how idiotic that whole situation was. It's funny to think about all the dumb things I did to maintain an illusion of purity and righteousness, when I don't give a damn about those things now. Funny and sad I guess.

So have you ever worked with dubs? Did you find yourself acting differently when they were around?

• designs
    designs

I did, I fired their sorry asses for not doing the jobs they were hired to do.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Yes, I have worked with few dubs in the past, now I am currently not working with any dubs.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

I have one on my floor. He is night shift I'm day shit but we do cross paths quite often....

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

I currently work with a Dub. He is semi-loyal to the organization, like sending his son to higher education for a masters degree.

• blondie
    blondie

"day shit" Freudian slip?

• isojourn
    isojourn

I work with one. I 'caught' her reading an Awake at the airport on a business trip. I actually thought she was gay and reading the magazine out of sheer boredom (figured it placed to her, or she found it) But no, turns out she is a full on robot.

She know's I've disassociated from the bOrg...and avoids me as much as possible.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

Blondie!!!

I didn't notice that!!!LOL

• ex360shipper
    ex360shipper

Quite a few. One of em is inactive too and he reads this forum. He was the one who loaned me CoC.

• agent zero
    agent zero

i did, and i did before that, and i again do. but the current one i havent figured out yet.. at first i thought he was a "conscious-class" but i'm getting mixed signals.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit