The end is really really close now!

by Lady Viola 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• Lady Viola
    Lady Viola

A little bit of background information. I haven't been to the meetings for 1,5 year now and my mum and dad try to 'encourage' me all the time...

The CO is visiting and I already know that the encouraging will begin, but even worse. She sent me an email yesterday with her notes of the talks (if you're interested: same stuff we are hearing for years) and now she sent me a text that the CO said in the min-servant meeting that 'the end is soooo close now'...

I really wanted to respond with a text that says 'really? I thought that even the Son doesn't know that?', but I just can't be bothered anymore. It pains me that I cannot have a normal and open relationship with my mum and dad anymore. We have always been so close.

So I just responded with 'I'm glad he (my dad) had such a good time'.

• its_me!
    its_me!

I hear that same song and dance every time I speak with my mom or dad. It does get really old. It is sad to think of them fretting and waiting, worrying and anticipating it all the time. So good to be free of it, but so sad to know that they are still holding on to the teachings of the Org.

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough

At a minimum, World War III should break out within the next 100 years. Anyone who denies this is foolish and naive.

http://144000.110mb.com/607/index.html

• designs
    designs

jd- you make Witnesses look tame.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Sorry, LV -

Your thread title reminded me of a joke. I have posted it on another thread in "Adult "with a similar title to this...

Dont want to Hijack your thread.

OXO

HB

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

...living in the "Last Days" since 1874...

• rebel8
    rebel8

Mom: the CO said the end is soooo close now

rebel8: i'm sure he did

^That's how I respond.

Another comeback: "Yes, I'm sure it is close. I used to feel so encouraged when reading Pastor Russell's writings on the subject."

• trueblue
    trueblue

Ceasars - It's Not the Fall That Hurts

• N.drew
    N.drew

Another comeback: "Yes, I'm sure it is close. I used to feel so encouraged when reading Pastor Russell's writings on the subject."

Great one! I would say that with an edit. "I think Pastor Russell's comment on the subject can do much good to get me encouraged again. Please, can you find me a copy of Studies?"

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

I'm sure he did, Rebel8 I love it! I usually say: "Well, we are one day closer for sure."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit