Has anyone gotten reinstated and faded as soon as they could ?

by Pitchess Co-Gen 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• Pitchess Co-Gen
    Pitchess Co-Gen

I'm think about doing this trick to get reinstated, and quit. I have since moved 75 miles north of Los Angeles, so I'm not going back to the congregation that disfellowshipped me in the first place. I'm just doing this for my family. Are there any stories of people doing this ?

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

I personally know of many people who have done this. Seems to be the way to go. You get to talk to your family again, and you can just sorta "slip through the cracks" and disappear.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Sure , it happens quite often just for the reasons you stated.

Let it be known though once its realized you've stopped attending the cold shoulder will reinvigorate itself.

It incredible the lengths what people will do just to maintain a reasonable relationship with their family.

A social crime in itself.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

When I was an elder (for over 20 years) several of the people that were DF'd then reinstated did just that. At least one never came to another meeting after being reinstated.

It's such a joke, we (the JC) pretty much knew that these individuals were just telling us what we wanted to hear so they would be reinstated. But short of being a mind-reader there was no way to know in advance. It was this surreal charade that everyone played along with. At the time I always thought it was somewhat bizarre, but that's what WT Rules do to people.

Now I realize how stupid the whole arrangement is! WT Policies and Practices essentially force people to pretend to be something they are not and then has the audacity to call itself "The Truth!"

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

This is a trick that worked for many people. It has it's flaws. Typically, only family that wants to keep contact will do so through the fade if they know you aren't attending regularly. But you can appease some family by attending just the memorial.

Friends- the vast majority of faders lose their friends. Reinstated faders, probably much more lose their friends.

I would say I could never do this, but I know some who could do it and it worked. It's no guarantee. I could also never hide my fade because I choose to be myself. I can be quiet about JW stuff, but I won't go to the KH when visiting just to make everyone happy. Some choose to do that.

I have read of some who fade and don't tell their family, because distance keeps them from knowing in full. That leaves the problem of faking knowledge of JW stuff when speaking with them, but you know your family. Maybe JW stuff is not the first things they talk about.

• mankkeli
    mankkeli

If they faded, they will still be considered "disfellowshipped". New rules will soon be published to reinforce this stance. Watch out!. We are always happy to embrace jehovah's loving kindness on arrangements established towards maintining the purity of the christain congregation.

• jay88
    jay88

Mankkeli: If they faded, they will still be considered "disfellowshipped". New rules will soon be published to reinforce this stance. Watch out!. We are always happy to embrace jehovah's loving kindness on arrangements established towards maintining the purity of the christain congregation.

Thanks for the heads up Manny! You are a gem!

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

If they faded, they will still be considered "disfellowshipped". New rules will soon be published to reinforce this stance. Watch out!. We are always happy to embrace jehovah's loving kindness on arrangements established towards maintining the purity of the christain congregation.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

New rules will soon be published to reinforce this stance.

Proof in a single sentence that JWs worship at the altar of the GB. No bible needed!

• 00DAD
    00DAD

New rules will soon be published ...

Uh, guys, wake up. This bit of "insider info" comes from mankkeli, that veritable font of disinformation!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit