Texas Judge Who Was Taped Beating Daughter Is Suspended

by Justitia Themis 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

http://www.cnn.com/2011/11/23/justice/texas-beating-video/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

Judge William Adams, who made national headlines after the release of a 2004 video of him beating his then-teenage daughter, has been suspended by the Texas Supreme Court.

The reason for the action was not mentioned in an order of suspension that was made public Tuesday.

Adams, a court-at-law judge in Aransas County, was roundly criticized when his now-adult daughter posted online a video of him beating her with a belt when she was 16.

The video also showed the judge cursing and berating Hillary Adams.

• JRK
    JRK

Good.

JK

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

There's a side of me that is suspicious of this girl's motivations. I'm not defending the Judge's actions from seven years ago, but for her at age 23 to all of a sudden release the tape and then when questioned as to why, she rambles and fumbles about for a coherent explanation. I wonder how much truth there is to the judge stating that because he cut her off financially, she uses the tape for a little get-back?

• QuestioningEverything
    QuestioningEverything

I agree with you George. She was on tv giving interviews and I felt as if she acted a bit spoiled. I do want to say that I in no way agree with how the father handled himself on that video. But, to me she had motives for releasing the tape other than 'to get her father the help he needed."

• blond-moment
    blond-moment

Why she released this video to me, doesn't matter. The fact this happened is. The saddest part for me, is watching that video made me sick to my stomach, that's what I grew up with. The good old spare the rod argument. Spank them whether they need it or not. "this is for what you are going to do"

Not that I am taking sides here, or that I think she is on the up and up as has been suggested, but I know I didn't tell people about those details of my life, or the abuse I dealt with from my husband for YEARS. I was seriously ashamed. It took YEARS for me to come to the realization that it wasn't my fault, there was nothing to be ashamed of.

Maybe her questionable character in blackmailing her father with the threat of pay me or I release the tape on the internet is attributable to years of abuse from the cowardly tyrant depicted in the video? Her mom says that the judge has "addictions," but wouldn't elaborate.

Hillary's questionable motives in releasing the video 7 years after its creation are not the issue here. The issue is the fitness of a judge who sits in judgment of the fitness of other parents. This man reviews cases in which child abuse is a circumstance. In the video, this man seemed to be a sadist and it appears that the beating had a quasi-sexual aspect to it. I bet the judge retired to his quarters after delivering that beating and harvested his judicial fluids, either by himself or with the assistance of his ugly wife.

The judge should be removed from the bench. He is unfit to judge other parents.

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

How are her motives relevant?

What if this judge, instead of beating his daughter, was cutting deals with drug lords for lesser sentences for their drug carriers in exchange for cash, and the drug lords, upon their arrests, cut a deal with the prosecutor's office for lesser sentences if they testified about the judge? The drug lords clearly have a motive.

Does that make the judge less culpable?

• White Dove
    White Dove

I, too, have a suspicion that parents who beat and beat and beat the crap out of their kids get some kind of sexual gratification from the power they have over others weaker than themselves.

• Lore
    Lore
    Why she released this video to me, doesn't matter.

I second that.

I don't care if she said her reason was: "I wanted him to get the help he needed"

Or if it was: "I wanted to get revenge by ruining his reputation and also hopefully bring about the beginning of ragnarok while I watch all my enemies boil in pain before my throne of skulls."

It doesn't matter.

The child abuse, and whether he is qualified to be a judge or not is the issue here. . .

That being said, if SHE were a judge, I'd probably care more about her motives.

• No Room For George

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit