Was The Internet The Clincher For You To Mentally Leave The Organization?

by minimus 66 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I think it was for me.

I knew a lot of the history of the Bible Students, Russell, Rutherford and the "old light".

Once I could see ALL of the overwhelming evidence right in front of my eyes, there was no ignoring the reality.

• itsibitsybrainbutbigenoughtosmellarat
    itsibitsybrainbutbigenoughtosmellarat

A big part. The ability to research things so easily, is invaluable for sure.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Yup. The WT should fear the internet like they do. It's the #1 weapon against them.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Yes, Without the internet, I would probably return to the borg.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

It was certainly information that I came across on the Internet that started me to ponder tough questions. It was reading Ray Franz's first book that really sealed the deal, for me. Crisis of Conscience makes it plainly obvious that WT is not, nor have they ever been, God's Organization.

• N.drew
    N.drew

The internet for me was not what caused my leaving, but sure is what will cause my never going back. If it were not for this forum, there would be a big empty place in me. This forum is wonderful! It is 10 thousand times better than the meetings!

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I sincerely thank you Jehovah for creating Steve Jobs and the others that were allowed to go to college and create the internet.

I think nowadays, those that do have doubt have found alot of info on the net, which is why when the internet first caught on, the Dubs were admonished not to buy computers and get internet hookups, funny though, the Watchtower Society has their own website, classic example of their hypocrisy and having their heads stuck up their asses.

• cedars
    cedars

I suppose you could say that the internet was most definitely the means by which my mind was freed. Like Leavingwt I read Crisis of Conscience online, and this "sealed the deal". It showed me that my experiences as an elder were being replicated at Governing Body level with far more damaging and far-reaching consequences. The excellent articles on Paul Grundy's website were also very helpful in highlighting issues not discussed in CoC, such as the UN/NGO scandal and others. Yes, the internet was the vehicle for my push for freedom. Long may it continue to do the same thing for others.

Cedars

• minimus
    minimus

Shirley, the Steve Jobs comment was funny!!!!

• sabastious
    sabastious

If there was no internet family shunning may have got me back in before I was sufficiently informed enough to repel it, so it was integral for me.

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit