The 50 Most Brilliant Atheists Of All Time

by Bangalore 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

The 50 Most Brilliant Atheists Of All Time.

http://brainz.org/50-most-brilliant-atheists-all-time/

Bangalore

• designs
    designs

That is quite a spread, Bruce Lee to Richard Feynman (personal favorite)

• JRK
    JRK

I am disappointed that Frank Zappa did not make the list.

JK

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I would add Ruben Ortiz and Tim Kilgore and Bohm to the list. (apologies to our other JWN non-believers but I just can't list everyone, can I?)

Also, Mark Zuckerberg? Really? Dude simply got lucky with Facebook. Right place, right time.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Bruce Lee was an agnostic not an atheist.

• cantleave
    cantleave

NIce to see Dave Gilmore on the list!

• fade_away
    fade_away

George Carlin is my favorite atheist and comedian!

• james_woods
    james_woods

Was Einstein mentioned? He is usually thought to be a theist because of that "God does not play dice with the universe" comment, but I have read a religious article he wrote, and I think he actually was an atheist. He explains that he meant it as a metaphor, not a literal statement for a God.

Dick Feynman was another example - he made some quasi-spiritual (but not God-belief) statements just before his death about "wanting to see what lay beyond this life"...

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

james_woods: I think it would be accurate to refer to Einstein as a Deist. He didn't believe in a personal God.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    james_woods: I think it would be accurate to refer to Einstein as a Deist. He didn't believe in a personal God.

Possibly. Wonder if he and his physicist/priest friend Georges Lemaitre ever had that discussion?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit